Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feldmütze alter Art

Article about: Dear collectors, please I need your help - what are your opinons - is this visor good or bad? Thanks and best regards Hannes

Default Feldmütze alter Art

Dear collectors,
    please I need your help - what are your opinons on this item - is this visor good or bad?
    Thanks and best regards Hannes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmütze alter Art   Feldmütze alter Art  

Feldmütze alter Art   Feldmütze alter Art  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldmütze alter Art
    P
    Many

The logo itself is good, as is the method of attachment of the sweatdiamond (zig-zag stitching) is also correct for Litto.
    I have not seen a Litto crusher before, but the regular visors I have seen by them have had either a full-circumference stirndruckfrei system, or none at all (this one has the 1/2 type).
    Unusual to see a LW-type visor on a WH visor, especially a crusher.

Litto visors have some unusual characteristics as compared to the German-made ones, so this one just might be OK, but we need to see some under the sweatband photos to be sure to make sure it is not a rebuilt cap.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hello,
    here are photos under sweatband - hope they are good enough ...
    regards Hannes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmütze alter Art   Feldmütze alter Art  

?

Hello Hannes,

this is a tough one - Litto (as most of the other Austrian makers) had difficulties to get the German "look" and quality into their caps - there is a nice article about that in UM.

Do you know the source the cap came from? Is it reliable?

What is the felt-like material the sweatband (is it leather?) is sewn onto made of? It seems to be black on one side and tinged with gray on the other - any synthetic fibre to be identified?

The lining of the cap - is it fitting the cap tightly or could it have been taken from another cap and fitted somehow into this one - try to take a look at the inside where the lining of the top panel and the lining of the side panels meet.

The peak/visor seems to be one of the old Austrian pressed paper ones used already in the 1920ies.

Any chances of seeing what the centerband is sewn on to - cardboard or buckram?

The lower piping of the centerband also seems a bit uneven - is it mothbitten? Or is the seam visible, one can't see it in the picture.

Feldmütze alter Art

Hello,
    thanks for helping - the lower piping is mothbitten on the marked places ...
    The sweatband looks like leather, but it feels stiff like artificial/ pressed ....
    I only information I know, is that the owner of this visor was officier in the 132 lR ...
    Best regards Hannes

?

Na hoffentlich stimmt die Geschichte und der Mann hat sich bei Litto die Kappe machen lassen. Wie stehts mit der grau-schwarzen Filzeinlage und der Verstärkung/Einlage für den Bund? Alles in Allem ungewöhnlich, aber, wie schon stonemint sagte, durchaus möglich.

Feldmütze alter Art

Hello,

yes, it´s really difficult - and here are more photos from under the sweatband ...

ja, das ist wirklich nicht leicht, wenn man die Teile stückeweise bekommt und keine Papiere dabei sind - aber das mit dem 132 IR scheint zumindestens gesichert,
    da aus gleicher Quelle mein Freund vor Jahren eine österreichische Zwischenkriegsjacke eines Offiziers, modifiziert für die Wehrmacht mit SKL des 132 IR bekam ...
    Ich wusste nicht, dass Litto auch Kappen auf Einzelbestellung anfertigte.
    Die filzähnliche Einlage ist auf jedem Fall mit dem Schweißband vernäht - sie lässt sich nicht eindeutig definieren ...
    In den Paspelierungen sind diese dünnen Holzstäbchen drin ...
    Alle von mir mit Glimmprobe getesteten Fäden weisen keinerlei Nylon auf.
    Hier noch Bilder zum Mittelband - aus Karton ist das nicht ...

danke & lg Hannes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmütze alter Art  
    Attached Images Attached Images Feldmütze alter Art 
    Last edited by hannes2109; 06-28-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Drifting into German language forum here.

Hello,
    I‘m very sorry - I said, that the source of the cap is relative reliable, because a friend of mine got there years ago a jacket from the 132IR ...
    I didn‘t know, that Litto produced also a visor for only one men ...
    There is no nylon in the cap, because I have checked all threads with fire ...
    Best regards Hannes

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Drifting into German language forum here.
    My fault, I was taken away to see a compatriot here.

To Hannes: I like the buckram stiffener of the centerband, I was a bit concerned about the excess of fabric used (firms tended to be thrifty as F.-B. pointed out), but it seems O.K.

Persons could (and still can as is the case for Slama) order special caps if they are willing to pay a special price I suppose. I own a very elegant Slama-ÖBH cap which is as far away from regulations as elegant as it is, see here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...y-img_1371.jpg
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 06-28-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast