Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

Article about: Here, for instance, is a Mueller of late make with some similar traits. Bruce Burnham was going to buy this cap and sent it to me at the start of the last decade.

Default Re: Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentThe ex Burnham cap on Bruce H's site is also one of the last gasp of its type, but from Mueller which made many Sonderanfertigung caps. So did such other firms as Isken, Wagner, and such. The piece you show above is a cousin of the Weissbach cap, and uses a rayon lining found in NSDAP caps, among others. These caps were auf Kammer and somehow survived. My first black SS cap was a Mueller Sonderanfertigung of small size, 53 cms. It is in the left upper corner. I got it more than forty years ago.....

Pretty frightening, really.

Think of how I could have done something productive....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment
    P
    Many

Friedrich-Berthold
    I wanted to see what you think of my first hat purchased? I am not yet in possession of this beauty, but will be in about 15 days! I stay up at night thinking about this beautiful piece!! Is that normal....LOL.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

The cap illustrated in #30 has the runics imprinted into the cello, and not onto the rayon or silk lining. This is a variation, but I have a cap identical to it, but of much earlier make, ca. 1935.

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Friedrich-Berthold
    I wanted to see what you think of my first hat purchased? I am not yet in possession of this beauty, but will be in about 15 days! I stay up at night thinking about this beautiful piece!! Is that normal....LOL.
    Very nice piece from 1937, from the Fa. Kornacker, I think, in Hildesheim. I am not sure. I will have to check the book. Very nice item, and with all the nice traits one likes. Well done.
    Yours is a standard cap, not a Sonderanfertigung.

Well done. Losing sleep over foetid black caps is pretty well known problem in my life.

Thank you! I absolutely love it! I am also now slowly being lured into the black hat realm!!

Regards,

Sam

Thank you! I absolutely love it! I am also now slowly being lured into the black hat realm!!

Regards,

Sam

I fell into said trap a long time ago.....and at what cost!

Kornacker is still going in Hildesheim......Donnerwetter.

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentThis is what the reality of foetid woolens will do....

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    For me the inside of the cap looks too new, whilst the the outside,even though it is made of trikot, looks "soft" and I think that the overall shape of the cap is not correct,especially in picture #3.
    Chinstrap looks flimsy as well and even if was proven to be original, this is not a pattern of cap that I would purchase, as I would rather keep my money for something that I knew was original with a bit more style to it.
    Well, as this cap has now proved to be original, I would still be happier with another model.

I guess this comes under the heading of "Curses! Wrong again!!"

There is no shortage of this kind of cap and surely one can find what one seeks with patience and a large pile of ducats.

Regards,

Sam
    Dangerous territory for sure, Sam....never forget that Black Hats need Black Tunics....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast