Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this fur cap anything seen before, or front made, or fantasy item?

Article about: by Gwar I'm going to play the Devils' advocate here.. Some members have sooo many things that it boggles the mind. Keep in mind collections must start somewhere.. Some members have the abili

Default Is this fur cap anything seen before, or front made, or fantasy item?

These are seller pics. Just wanted to get some opinions from the experts, is this anything remotely like previously known examples? I realize that front made fur hats must have been common on the Russian front, but was there some sort of standardization? This one is interesting having a beak, or a bill, if you will.

Is this fur cap anything seen before, or front made, or fantasy item? Is this fur cap anything seen before, or front made, or fantasy item?

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this fur cap anything seen before, or front made, or fantasy item?
    P
    Many

Standard Luftwaffe Winter Cap...Looks good to me.
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this fur cap anything seen before, or front made, or fantasy item?  

Thx very much Glenn, rough idea of value?

?

Looks to be damaged in the back. Can we see a clear picture of the back ?

Looks like a good original Luftwaffe winter cap

Yeah, it's blown out a little bit in the back. Thinking about getting it, might not be a bad deal @ the price, but $$$ is tight.

?

$500.00 undamaged.
    Bad leather. for me $100.00 mayby 150.00 if I was feeling stupid. My biggest problem is when I was collecting in the 70s and 80s I wanted things in mint condition. It is hard for me to see value in damaged textiles and leathers.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    $500.00 undamaged.
    Bad leather. for me $100.00 mayby 150.00 if I was feeling stupid. My biggest problem is when I was collecting in the 70s and 80s I wanted things in mint condition. It is hard for me to see value in damaged textiles and leathers.
    I understand your feeling completely Steve. I always tried to collect items in pristeen condition. Any textile made object in poor condition is just going to further deteriorate. The cap that started this thread is quite beat up. I would pass and find a better example.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I'm going to play the Devils' advocate here.. Some members have sooo many things that it boggles the mind. Keep in mind collections must start somewhere.. Some members have the ability to pass on things because their treasure trove is so rich of items..... I buy an item to have it and THEN... If another pop up at least I have the option of selling the least desireable one for a better rather than having nothing but a wasted chance.. I waited twenty some odd years for "Great" Gorget... ya know what I got.... A bigger price tag for the same item twenty years earler... Gwar..

Original Luft winter hat I have always liked them there are a lot of different kinds of them between army and Luft. If the price is right I'd pick it up. There are not so common anymore anyway in my area. Maybe so elsewhere or on the net but so will the price for a limited collector. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast