Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Article about: Hi there, Looking for opinions on this Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze please.

Default Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Hi there,

Looking for opinions on this Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze please. Gebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger Bergmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze
    P
    Many

A repro. Look at the materials used
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your feedback, you have helped me in the past with my Brit airborne.

I just purchased this for 2k from Michel Rompre in Cananda who has an extensive German militaria collection which he is now selling off. I am surprised to hear this, it is not an area I know alot about.
    Please elaberate more in relation to the materials.

The wool is simply too good. Sorry leaving for work!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze

OK Adrian has given an opinion albeit a quick one based on his thinking the wool is too good. I must also state I have purchased an M36 GJ tunic and GJ trousers and other items from Michael Rompre in Cananda. He had a very large collection of German Second World War militaria which is now coming on to the market. Most of his items are as close to mint as possible.

Here is a picture of the full uniform

I would agree with Adrian on the cap, Wool and wear do not look correct.
    However maybe some clearer photos would be more insightful.

Hello,
    I also have my doubts about this cap.
    Most of 1940 dated Bergmützen i've seen in the past were made of fine Feldgrau wool, not a wool used to produce Feldblusen or pants (like the one shown here).
    Most of early issue Bergmützen also have airvents, two or four...
    Your cap is a mix between a Bergmütze and an Einheitsfeldmütze produced from 1943. Why a 1940 dated cap would have features that can be only seen from 1943 ?

The truth is in the details....

To me, lining and markings are also bad...

Also why a brand new and obviously unissued 1940 dated Bergmütze would bear an Edelweiss sewn over a piece of dark green wool, which was an unofficial feature used by Austrian GJ within the Heer and was sewn by the soldier once he was issued with the cap...

Fakes get better and better over the years, so my advice if you don't know a lot about is to learn, learn and learn before you purchase....try to handle as many items as possible and post here the items you want to purchase before spending your money...
    There is also a way to photograph an item in order to give our member here all they need to make a proper comment...showing the eagle, the Edelweiss and markings is not enough as far as Bergmützen are concerned...you should have posted a lot more photos showing more details but for that you need to know what to photograph, so learn, handle and post here...

Concerning your mannequin, if the leather straps seen on the photo are Infanterie Y-straps, just for you to know that GJ Truppen were not issued with Y-straps.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Good Spot on the straps Phill. Michel Rompre has always been interesting to deal with..

Gebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Thanks everyone for your feedback here are some more close up images

Thank you for the additional photos...
    I know a way for you to get 2k richer....i guess you know how......send it back asap...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast