Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

General Officers SS visor hat

Article about: Hello all I have what appears to be a SS visor hat for a general officer. As I am a novice in this matter, I would like to know what the experts think about it. Thank you for your time. Chee

Default General Officers SS visor hat

Hello all

I have what appears to be a SS visor hat for a general officer.

As I am a novice in this matter, I would like to know what the experts think about it.

General Officers SS visor hatGeneral Officers SS visor hatGeneral Officers SS visor hatGeneral Officers SS visor hatGeneral Officers SS visor hatGeneral Officers SS visor hatGeneral Officers SS visor hatGeneral Officers SS visor hat

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

Becket

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement General Officers SS visor hat
    P
    Many

Hi

welcome to the forum.

Out of interest how did you come by the hat ?

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

I bought the hat at a firearms auction in the US.

It was part of the Van Norden Collection i guess, since at the auction they were selling his extensive german small arms collection.

I bought over a dozen hats, among them the ss visor, a ss feldmütze, a Herman Meyer, a DAK tropical hat for General, for officer and 3 others for enlisted men.

I am not sure if the SS visors is authentic, hoping that it is.. There are so may fakes out there.

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stonemint,

Thanks for the heads up.. Luckily I did not pay much for the hat.. You win some you lose some.

That said its a beautiful hat and will place well in my stylish but fake section of my collection.. Haha..

This part of my collection seems to keep growing as I accumulate new items only to find out that they are not authentic.

Once I discover a fake, I don't have the heart to pawn it off and the world is a better place putting the item in my hall of shame instead of in the marketplace tricking some other poor bastard. :-)

Thanks Again!

Cheers

Becket

Hi Becket

Stoney has given the best advice on this cap already, sorry it was not a real one !

If you need help with anything before you buy this is the place to ask, lots of people are willing to help if they can.

Good luck in your collecting.

cheers

Tony