Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap

Article about: Construction and materials are superb and correct as far as I can tell. Has a green treated pasteboard, correctly butted piping as shown. Pekuro style "stirndruckfrei" grey leather

?

Default General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap

Construction and materials are superb and correct as far as I can tell. Has a green treated pasteboard, correctly butted piping as shown. Pekuro style "stirndruckfrei" grey leather sweatband. Pleating is lovely, no extra holes anywhere, internal stiffener at front of cap to maintain shape of the peak. Quilted satin/rayon liner similar to Marke ODD interiors.
    At the SOS, Steve Wolfe of Wolfe & Hardin said it was his favorite visor at the show.
    I personally like it, but would like to have it reviewed here prior to purchase.
    I'd appreciate any other thoughts, criticisms and opinions from our headgear collectors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap   General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap  

General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap   General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap  

General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap   General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap  

Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: General's Pre 43 Alte Art / "Crusher" cap

Always difficult when judging photos and these aren't the best to go on, no offense. Some out of focus and low resolution.

Based on what I see though, I have to say that I don't like it much at all. Are you sure the insignia is authentic? I'm not, that's a strange bird. The sweatband and lining remind me of post war hats and I'm quite convinced the sweatband has been re-sewn anyway.

I would pass on this one without regret if offered to me.

Agree with the English man, not a "textbook" exemple, hard to tell and hard to sell...

Hey Erich,

hope you are well !

I like the cloth/crown material, piping is good and the peak looks fine but would concur with Ben and Sebastian about not getting a warm feeling about this one.

The questions I have is based on the photos are:

i) the way the sweatband is attached is similar to the post war style IMO although not a show stopper as you say it has the pekuro style velvet insert.
    ii) the lining is also a bit odd with the stiching across in the style of ODD caps...aka otto dittman of dresden.
    iii) kink in sweatband at the rear...is this a re-attachment give away ? or just wear ?

Therefore the two differing trade marks of different cap makers would ring alarm bells for me.

That would be enough for me to pass on it.......especially as I would imagine the price is not baragain basement ? Better to wait IMO for a more authodox one but don't want to teach you to suck eggs.

Hope that helps Erich and good luck with your dilema !!

cheers

tony

Not a cap expert, but I know a bit about cloth insignia and I agree with Ben, the eagle is a strange bird and not like any originals I have seen, not even the "Reitze" eagles look like this. Not a fan of the lining or the sweatband, though remember my first comment.

Any chance of a decent pic of the eagle?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Food for thought Gentleman, food for thought...
    I do appreciate the responses and good catch on the Adler Ben. It is strange.