Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap

Article about: Are saying and what would be a fair price?

Default German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap

Are saying and what would be a fair price?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap   German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap  

German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap   German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap  

German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap   German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap  

German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap  
    Attached Images Attached Images German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap

I'll state just the obvious; Sweatband(s)! Liner replaced - wrong material. And I would bet money that the visor is a replacement as well since it does not match the condition of the body. Better photos of that area where it is attached would most likely show that. I don't know what is going on with the piping - poor storage caused fading perhaps.
    Not a very collectable visor in my opinion.

?

Piping has been colored by a marker. It has been messed with so much it does not really have any value. Sorry
    SteveR

?

I read the thread on WAF and there are some wild theories flying about!

Firstly, the piping has been not been replaced as far as I can tell. There is nothing unusal about being able to see the piping stitching in certain places. Here's an infantry cap of mine with exposed dark green or black sewing thread.

Secondly, the piping does look like Pz Gren green to me and not dyed. Faded yes but when you look at the areas under the overhanging cap cover, it's still quite vivid.

Thirdly and lastly, as Erich has said, the 3 different sweatbands are obvious to everyone. When that was all added or replaced is anyone's guess. Same goes for the peak/schirm.

Nothing more I can add without a hands on inspection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Panzer Grenadier Officers Hat Cap  

Save your money !