Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this a good visor?

Article about: by Ewan Stirling seller wants £300 on nearst offer offer 2 and a quarter

Default is this a good visor?

hi folks do any body think this is a good visor?

i think the eagle looks a bit far down ?

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this a good visor?   is this a good visor?  

is this a good visor?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this a good visor?
    P
    Many

Default Re: is this a good visor?

Ewan-
    This is a perfectly good infantry other ranks cap. May I suggest as a new collector you first invest in some good reference books in whatever field you decide to collect. Further, go to military shows and meet other collectors. Handle and study original items. I presume you are a new collector and that is the reason for all of your "is this any good?" threads. We older collectors welcome new, enthusiastic collectors in to the hobby. Further, we are happy to help whenever we can. However, it is also important for you to put some effort in to your own level of study. Please take this as a constructive remark and nothing more. We all want to help but a continuing barrage of "is this any good?" threads can make us feel a little used.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Ewan-
    This is a perfectly good infantry other ranks cap. May I suggest as a new collector you first invest in some good reference books in whatever field you decide to collect. Further, go to military shows and meet other collectors. Handle and study original items. I presume you are a new collector and that is the reason for all of your "is this any good?" threads. We older collectors welcome new, enthusiastic collectors in to the hobby. Further, we are happy to help whenever we can. However, it is also important for you to put some effort in to your own level of study. Please take this as a constructive remark and nothing more. We all want to help but a continuing barrage of "is this any good?" threads can make us feel a little used.
    i understand about the books bob mate and have a couple of books and due a few more very soon!! but ref books dont tell you evrything that hands on 20 years experiance does tho! and no offence here but if you feel used helping a 23year old collector thats only collected for 3 years from buying crap then thats upto yourself and you do not need to help me bob or feel used

p.s iam going to travel the few hundred miles to uk shows next year and ask ppl that many q's they will be glad to see me on the m6 back home as this is me just finding out about these shows 3 weeks ago when i found this good forum!!!

thanks

Ewan-
    I am glad you understand my point. You are very fortunate to have the Internet, a tool that was not available to many collectors only twenty years ago. Be not only a collector but also a scholar. use the search engines, learn the characteristics of how the good were made and how the fakes fall short. Most important, state your opinion on an item and why you have that opinion. Do not be afraid to error in your judgement. It proves you are trying to learn and no one will ever ridicule you for it. Learning involves making mistakes. At least with our on line help, we can hopefully help you avoid too many expensive errors.
    BOB

Ewan
    I do agree with Bob, I think that you know by now that people will help you out. And as Bob points out, never be afraid to comment yourself. However I think that Bob will agree with me that the advent of the internet, is not all its cracked up to be, it gives some people a self professed attitude to collecting and commenting. They see it on the internet, therefore it must be real.

When I and Bob, started collecting, we only had a few books to read ........Angola's ...........and they are STILL the bible for many. No internet, no one to say if we bought right or wrong, just a hole in your pocket, and an empty feeling in the pit of your stomach when you realised you just spent nexts months rent on crap Coz thats how it was for me in the 70's

Ask by all means, always expect the unexpected.

But above all, learn by listening to the advanced collectors/dealers and I'm sure you will enjoy this pastime we call a hobby

And if you ask me a question, I will always say in my opinion, because that is all it is!

Take care mate, happy collecting, oh and I like the Inf cap

YOU HAD BOOKS? WHEN I STARTED IN 1956, I THOUGHT THAT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD INTERESTED IN COLLECTING THIS STUFF.
    BOB

Both here have good points. I can say from experience that it is very satisfying when I am able to tell some good things from bad. Once you are at that level it makes going to shows much more interesting. One can really get a feel of shows with a little knowledge. With knowledge you learn who and what to stay away from. But, it is impossible to learn everything and sometimes in order to get a good deal quick we may need to use this or other sites for a really quick opinion. Personally I really enjoy helping fellow collectors.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    YOU HAD BOOKS? WHEN I STARTED IN 1956, I THOUGHT THAT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD INTERESTED IN COLLECTING THIS STUFF.

Ok so i was one year old when you started My point is that there was not much about for us. Up until a number of years ago the Brian Davis's books were at best about. along with J Angola, and a couple from Mr L.

There are mountains of books coming out. My library has increased 10 fold over the last 10 years.

interesting late war cap, with a pre war national insignia, eagle looks good also...

seller wants £300 on nearst offer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast