Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze

Article about: I would as always appreciate any input in regard to this Cavalry NCO visor which i am looking to buy. It can be seen in its entirety at Original Militaria from The Third Reich , the UK and t

Default Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze

I would as always appreciate any input in regard to this Cavalry NCO visor which i am looking to buy. It can be seen in its entirety at Original Militaria from The Third Reich , the UK and the US, along with other collectables and antiques.. The seller has provided me with extra photos which i have put up. It is decribed on the website as a "Very nice Cavalry NCO Visor Cap with bullion eagle. Size 57 1/2 and dated 1937. It is stamped HB 36 and is also stamped to 4/KR 31. Very nice piping in great condition with nice issue trikot material. This cap came from Detlev Nieman about 4 years ago. Lovely issue pre-war cap"
    Thanks
    Nic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze   Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze  

Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze   Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze  

Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Cavalry NCO Visor

A bit out of focus but looking authentic so far. Very unlikely that the insignia is original to the cap though.

Default Re: Cavalry NCO Visor

Hi Ben, thank you for the info re the insignia.

Default Re: Heer Cavalry NCO schirmutze

Hi

I agree that it's original govt issue/contract cap. It has been re-badged with officer bullion insignia (which are nice) BUT WRONG TO THIS CAP.

The chin strap is correct for other ranks cap.

Nice cap by the look of things and hard to find these days. The stamp next to the HB36..would give you info on the maker or the distributor. Also you can research the unit to make sure the regt existed.

cheers

tony

Just been on the sellers website. He describes it as a signals cap. What colour is the piping ?

Nice cap with officer bullion insigna

Hi Tony, the colour of the piping is yellow. I think he put up the wrong title on his website and meant cavalry not signal. Is it likely the insignia was period attached or post war attached? Thanks, nic.

Hi Nic,

It's a cornflower yellow for cavalry then which matches the units markings.

Hard to say when the insignia was added. If you look at the back of the pasteboard of the cap, there will probably be tell tale signs of the original metal insignia being in place. If not then this insignia may well be original to the cap.

If we adhere strictly to regulations then the insignia is wrong for the cap as it was reserved for officers only and this cap is for other ranks.

Imo the insignia was added post war.

If you buy I'd haggle on the price.

cheers

tony

Hi Tony, many thanks for your help. I decided to pass on this cap. Thanks, nic.