Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze

Article about: Sorry guys, I came across another M43 and I couldn't help myself but post it, this is the third one this week. I want an M43 really bad which is why I have been hunting for one so vigorously

Default Heer Einheitsfeldmütze

Sorry guys, I came across another M43 and I couldn't help myself but post it, this is the third one this week. I want an M43 really bad which is why I have been hunting for one so vigorously. I have done a lot of research on these caps, but what it really comes down to is that I don't have enough experience with them to judge for myself. I need some opinions on this M43 cap. I have the benefit of a lot of high quality pictures. There is, however, one thing I would like to point out. The buttons on the cap appear blueish because of the flash, they are actually much darker.

I'm kind of on the fence with this one, here are some of the things I have observed:

Pros: cap looks worn, stamps faded, wool looks rough, double stitching, appears to be hand stitched

CONS: detail of eagle, colors seem mismatched, visor looks to big, cockade looks too perfect.

I would appreciate any help on this cap. NOTE: Seller is asking $475

What I need to know: Is this cap authentic, and is the seller's price reasonable?

Thanks,

Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Einheitsfeldmütze   Heer Einheitsfeldmütze  

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze   Heer Einheitsfeldmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Einheitsfeldmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer Einheitsfeldmütze

After really taking the time to look at this thing for a while, I'm starting to lean towards post war. The main thing that bothers me is the blue buttons on a gray cap with a tan patch and a white eagle. The mismatched colors just don't make sense to me.

Default re: Heer Einheitsfeldmütze

you are correct my friend, its the wrong insignia backing for the cap, its a cut down trapezoid insignia patch into an ugly T shape, the buttons are wrong........ in a final statement its a bit of a disaster

Morris

Default Re: Heer Einheitsfeldmütze

Very poor.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Heer Einheitsfeldmütze

Thanks guys.