Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer EM Enlisted Visor

Article about: This one is not in the best of shape it was in a friend of mine's fire several years ago before I aquired it the hat itself was not in the actual fire but was in a back room and received a l

Default Heer EM Enlisted Visor

This one is not in the best of shape it was in a friend of mine's fire several years ago before I aquired it the hat itself was not in the actual fire but was in a back room and received a lot of smoke damage I think the piping was Infantry originally but miscolored by fire it cleaned up as best it could chinstrap melted off it from heat. Good example of EM just too bad about the condition. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer EM Enlisted Visor   Heer EM Enlisted Visor  

Heer EM Enlisted Visor   Heer EM Enlisted Visor  

Heer EM Enlisted Visor   Heer EM Enlisted Visor  

Heer EM Enlisted Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer EM Enlisted Visor
    P
    Many

I like it!

Peel some of the piping back and look at the sides and underneath. You will get a better idea of the color. This one looks pretty yellow.

Looks like a signals visor, yellow piping. shame about the fire I am surpised it didnt combust in the heat just from being so old.

You may have something I have never looked that good at it but it does look yellow we thought it was smoke discoloring the white piping. Would be nice if it was signals as I have some infantry. thanks for the tip timothy

Poor thing! She's pooched.

?

What a shame about the damage. If it were me, I'd place it upside down in a container of luke warm water with a few drops of woolite or similar but with the water only to the level just below the leather band. That will be about 80% of the hat in the water. Leave it to soak for 3 to 4 hours and that should get rid of most of the smoke staining. Some white spirit will clean the vulcanfibre peak but just wipe it gently and don't rub it. The leather is kaput though, once it's heated, there's no way back. I was once steaming an Imperial cap back into shape over a saucepan of boiling water and the chinstrap button popped off and the strap fell into the water. It shrivelled up into a tiny strand of rock hard mess within seconds..