Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please

Article about: Hello, this general sidecap has been offered to me. It is in a perfect condition. Please let me know your opinion please.

Youssouf
    ?

Default Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please

Hello, this general sidecap has been offered to me. It is in a perfect condition. Please let me know your opinion please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please   Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please  

Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please   Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please  

Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please   Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please  

Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please  

2. # ADS

Default re: Heer Generals M38 Feldmutze: opinions please

is this a un-issued cap? it seems so ..well....perfect to me.

Youssouf
    ?

This cap was offered to me with a pair of generals trousers and a greatcoat at Ciney last Sunday. This sidecap looks almost new and was tailormade with the best materials (golden cloth lining, doeskin wool, machine stiched eagle). I am only wondering if the golden lining is original to the sidecap or a later alteration. It might be an officers cap at first with a moderation to a generalscap later.
    Please let me know your opinions.

Crap!!

I missed Ciney!!

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Crap!!
    Agreed, sorry

Gentlemen-
    Please expand on your comments as to why you do not like this cap. From the images posted, I do not like the manner in which the soutache is applied. It does not appear to be either symetrical or straight. Personally, I cannot recall ever seen this form of lining material installed on any Heer officer's schiffen. I would also like to see the manner in which the gold piping is installed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob
    My concerns initially were the lining, and the stamps inside. I did not like the piping, or the eagle either. If it was tailor made, surely it would not be for the front? so i would expect a better quality Adler I have blown the pictures up and studied them closely,and stand by my original assumption IMHO it would not be for me, however, I have been known to be wrong in the past

Youssouf
    ?

Hello, I thank you all for your comment. Personally my only problem is the way the piping is sewn to the cap. I have seen the "golden/yellow" lining more often with private purchased caps, also the eagle is common on these sidecaps. The book from beaver about headgear is very interesting and also showing a generals sidecap with exact the same eagle machine sewn to the front. Why do you have problems with the way the soutache is applied to this sidecap Bob?

Quote by Youssouf View Post
    Why do you have problems with the way the soutache is applied to this sidecap Bob?
    If you read my post again, the answer to your question is there.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The only concern I have on it is that the Soutasche looks like its a Coppery-color and not like it shoud be. Is it only just the camera or me? ;-))

Also, m no expert since I have only one Schiffchen in my collection-andit's KM and not Army-so this is the best I can do based on my one item.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast