Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Heer Infantry Visor

Article about: Hello all, I have been offered this Heer infantry visor. Now, cloth is something I have yet to get into because of the large amount of fakes and variations, plus it is not my area of strong

?

Great bullion work and a chin cord like I have never seen. You now own a nice cap that no one could try to call "textbook", which is a stupid and incantatory phrase that goes against the artisanship that went into these hats.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Appreciate your kind words Tony. Being able to use my macro lense allows one to really see the art the the bullion pieces are.

?

Well done. Your pics of your hat's bullion work remind us of how inane the phrase "textbook" is. I hope you get more hats and photograph those, too.

The intricacies of bullion are wonders indeed...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artillery visor bullion 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	581860

Name:	Artillery visor bullion 1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	356.7 KB 
ID:	581861

Name:	Artillery visor bullion 3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	581862

?

Great stuff Glenn. Bullion really does give every hat its on a one of a kind look.

?

Quote by Tony8 View Post
    Great bullion work and a chin cord like I have never seen. You now own a nice cap that no one could try to call "textbook", which is a stupid and incantatory phrase that goes against the artisanship that went into these hats.
    Hi dramos,
    sorry to answer so late but I just happened to stumble over this post. The chin cord is indeed unusual - it is a modern Austrian army chin cord for the Chargen-Tellerkappe der Flieger, see here: http://army-warehouse.com/61-tm_larg...pe-flieger.jpg or here: https://shop.strato.de/WebRoot/Store...9/3BC6/059.JPG
    I own several caps with such a cord.

So better replace it with an original TR one.

Bravo to ErWeSa and his fine images of Austrian air force caps. They are an interesting departure from the norm.
    damit, basta.

?

ErWeSa,

Thanks for the info! Not what I was hoping to read, but better to know the truth than live in the dark! Not sure where I will find an original, but I will certainly keep my eye out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234