Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heer Infantry Visor

Article about: Hello all, I have been offered this Heer infantry visor. Now, cloth is something I have yet to get into because of the large amount of fakes and variations, plus it is not my area of strong

?

Default Heer Infantry Visor

Hello all,

I have been offered this Heer infantry visor. Now, cloth is something I have yet to get into because of the large amount of fakes and variations, plus it is not my area of strong interest, but I try to, at minimum, use every opportunity I have to learn so here we go.

This cap was offered to me about a year ago and the seller wanted way more than I would be able to pay, so I did not do much research on it and eventually forgot about it. He recently contacted me about the visor with a decreased price, which seems a bit suspicious to me. Anyway, the seller claims it passed the black light test and burn test, but as I have learned, those tests can not be used solely to determine authenticity.

I have, in the past couple days, compared this visor to many examples with the cloth eagle and wreath and have come across what I believe to be many problems. The wreath seems to become much thinner at the top compared to other genuine examples. The portopee/string with acorn on the end that is placed between the wreath and the circle (not sure what its called) does not appear on the other examples I have seen. The type of stitching used in both the eagle and the wreath do not compare well to other ones, and often are stitched in different directions and completely differently from the many real examples. As far as the inside and outside construction of the cap I am lost.

There is also a metal wire like string behind the wreath and Im not sure what that is. (pictured last)

Any help from members who know visors would be greatly appreciated. At minimum I want to learn from all of this. Much appreciated guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Infantry Visor   Heer Infantry Visor  

Heer Infantry Visor   Heer Infantry Visor  

Heer Infantry Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infantry Visor
    P
    Many

Nice cap !

?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Nice cap !
    Do you believe it is authentic?

Hi

I think seba is saying he likes it !

On those pics it looks a good one, the spring thingy is securing the stiffener to keep the shape in the front of the cap.

Nice bullion insignia as well, private purchase cap with what looks like a paper/artificial leather sweatband ?

Hope that helps

cheers

Tony

I like it too. Good wartime cap by a mom & pop cottage maker.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Well, as you can see my knowledge of these is extremely limited! I tried my best, but obviously there is a lot to learn! I appreciate the opinions guys! I cant tell you how many mistakes I would have made without the great group of people here!

?

Are these more or less desirable than the visors with metal wreath and eagle? Any suggestions for good websites to compare for value? I really hate to clog threads with $$$ but as a college student I always need to make sure I'm making sensible investments.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, most people feel the more bullion, the better.

It was also very common for WH officers to replace their metal insignia with bullion during the war....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Ah, I see. I guess I should have known that considering I know that bullion patches are always valued much more than normal patches. Where would you place this on a scale of 1-10?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast