Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer M43 gebirgsjager einheitsfldmutze

Article about: What are the opinions on this one? Could be my imagination but I believe I see where the edelweiss may have been attached. Thanks for everyone's help! Does this look authentic? The 1944 ink

?

Default Heer M43 gebirgsjager feldmutze

What are the opinions on this one? Could be my imagination but I believe I see where the edelweiss may have been attached. Thanks for everyone's help! Does this look authentic? The 1944 ink stamps?
    Best,
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M43 gebirgsjager  einheitsfldmutze   Heer M43 gebirgsjager  einheitsfldmutze  

Heer M43 gebirgsjager  einheitsfldmutze   Heer M43 gebirgsjager  einheitsfldmutze  

Heer M43 gebirgsjager  einheitsfldmutze   Heer M43 gebirgsjager  einheitsfldmutze  

Last edited by Anzel; 04-11-2014 at 05:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M43 gebirgsjager  einheitsfldmutze
    P
    Many

?

Sooo is this one junk or ok?

You may need some better pictures of hat interior for the hat M-43 guys to judge it such as full picture of lining, under flaps also would help them. timothy

?

thank you timothy for suggesting better pics, you are correct. It is unusual to see a pristine cap. I see correct construction in the details except a trapezoid insignia, machine sewn,.... why the "T" ? I am believing I can even imagine "rag mix ins" in sections that has not worn through. I did not research the RBN to see who made it and then research their company, if anything exists records-wise to suggest the size of the firm and likelihood of what stocks they may have had to work with and how much did they produce. That would shed light on the wool. There is a nice detail I like to see, and it is not on all maker's caps. In the upper seam of the scallop that is double stitched, it would be nice to see rag filler tucked into the stitching. Look at "At The Front"'s repros and you will see it overdone to be visible to see what I am talking about. Usually it is not so pronounced and does not match anything else on the cap. It's just "rag" filler. one side could be black and the other white,...just rag,...sewn deep in the scallop as a stiffener. It is nice to see. Other things, with the flaps down, should have a nice finish where the turn-up flaps are applied. It should look like a thought out seam and joinery likely turned up into the lining and sewn in to hide raw edges. Hat in hand, I would feel the wool weight and texture, chk folded parts and even smell it.

I am no expert and claim no proficiency save for the last 30 years I have collected only M-43 caps. It is a hobby of mine .

?

Thanks for your responses. This one got away.

?

Don't be worried by that. Depending on price, many can be had. I buy only in my size....57-59, I have bought 7 just this year. I am comfortable with different buttons. I realize there are many bill lengths and cuts to the front headroom of these caps. And I like them. That is why I buy them. I do not mess with Latvian M-43's as a rule, I don't like the wool or cut. I have beat up ones, good only for looking at construction. There is enough to confuse a person right there. Get some in your hand, know what you want, a thousand bucks opens a lotta doors. I don't knock there,..I'm still a 200-300 dollar hat guy. It's more fun for me that way, and it won't kill me. I see a few things called right that are not by some vendors,..mostly post war edelweiss.
    On the one shown, it looked okay, but get used to looking for the "bias" material sewn into the upper edge of the scallop being made of "rag" filler. That's something I learned in the 80's from someone who knew. Double stitch across the top scallop edge,...I trust Ade, right here on this forum for that one. All my real ones have that. Good Luck !

Good advice from jws54. Know your fabrics and construction based on original examples....seek them out and study them. There are things about these caps within that can be "felt" and not seen.

?

Thank You very much, Nigel. Many people have helped me on my way to feeling comfortable enough to make what I feel is an "intelligent decision. No man is an island and I certainly can say there is a wealth of information on this site from many people who have trodden the path of desiring knowledge. It does start with a single step. Many people will help. On my quest, I have been burnt, and I do remember those horror stories. Usually they were through the mail purchases, with no chance to handle the item until delivered. I am NOW always careful to get a guarantee as even losing $200-300 is no fun. It does seem the more I collect, the fewer absolutes exist. Finally, when I said ," 7 caps in one year does not mean this last calendar year 2014, I actually took about a year, starting in 2013, to date. I even bought a couple M-34's in size 59.
    I share info about WRF whenever I can. So many other forums are not so well managed. Good luck with the hunt !