Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Panzer schirmmutze

Article about: Hello i recently purchased a German WW2 Visor cap and i think it might be a fake i brought it to a friend of mine named Dave and he said it looks bad so just to be on the safe side it would

Default Heer Panzer schirmmutze

Hello i recently purchased a German WW2 Visor cap and i think it might be a fake i brought it to a friend of mine named Dave and he said it looks bad so just to be on the safe side it would be nice to get a second opinion so if you could help that would be great! Thanks. - Nick K

Heer Panzer schirmmutzeHeer Panzer schirmmutzeHeer Panzer schirmmutzeHeer Panzer schirmmutzeHeer Panzer schirmmutzeHeer Panzer schirmmutzeHeer Panzer schirmmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Panzer schirmmutze
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Visor Cap

Not enough detail in these small pictures for me to tell. If all I had to go on were these photos I would pass.

is the sweat diamond hard plastic or a vinyl material?...however,based on the pics, i would vote reproduction also

A friend of mine has bigger photos of it under the Heer, Luftwaffe and kreigsmarine uniform section. - Nick K

?

hi nick, would help if the pics were a bit bigger. but even with these pics i would not feel safe with this cap. in my opinion its an old reproduction , its hard to be sure ,but the eagle and cockade may be original .but better pics are needed. the most damming part for me is the sweat shield. it appears from the pics to be semi soft plastic, celluloid looks stiffer. this sweat shield looks more like what you would expect on postwar caps dating to the 60s/70s. cheers Paul

Default Re: Heer Panzer schirmmutze

IMHO, it is an Alteste Berliner. These were a series of fakes made in the late 50's early 60s in Germany.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Default Re: Heer Panzer schirmmutze

Alteste for sure.