Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heer Schirmmütze?

Article about: Nick, you need to relax. Study the images that our colleague FB has shown. Comprehensively read and take into account the information the resident members have provided... I would think ther

Default re: Heer Schirmmütze?

The Buttons on this cap, however, are real and have some value. They are not German or even Nazi, but are "connected to them", sort of. They date from 1941-1945. They are Croatian Ustashe "AP" buttons which were originally on the garrison style caps of the Croatian Ustashe's. AP stood for Ante Pavelic-the leader of the Ustashe.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Schirmmütze?
    P
    Many

Wow! That's something new and helpful information! Thank you! Now I go and do some research on this.

Look what I found! It's looks similar!
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Schirmmütze? 

Yes-the cord itself could also be from a Croatian hat....so, if nothing else, your cap is likely worth more in Parts than in the whole!
    William

Don't you think the hat is original Croatian than? Someone put the skull and an eagle later?

It Is possible, but unlikely, in my opinion. The NDH in Croatia used a whole assortment of uniforms-from old Yugo stuff to whatever they could find. This hat, though, I'm not liking the sweat band inside all that much. The lining in the cap looks heavily worn, but perhaps the sweatband was replaced post-war?-and fairly badly, from it's appearance.
    At the very least, this cap would Look much better with full Ustasha insignia on it, rather than trying to morph it into a German cap as it is.
    William

I agree! I got it like this. I thought its German! Now it's really interesting. You opened a totally new view! Thanks again! So one more question than. All the Utashe officers had a same kind of hat and button?

Nope. Like I said, the Ustasha never really had a "standard" uniform. It was pretty much a mish-mash of whatever they could find in decent numbers. The garrison caps, for example, had the small AP button above a larger wreath and U badge on the front of their caps, but the Officers caps were all over the charts. About the best source for the NDH insignia and such would probably be best to contact Barry Turk over at Emedals.com in Canada. If anyone knows his Croatian stuff, he's the guy.
    William

Thanks Again! I'll try to contact him!

Default Re: Heer Schirmmütze?

Eagle is not real also...sorry

How many international caps with black band are bacame SS caps today ? in the past, the German police caps was the first SS Frankenstein with real black band, now with this crazy value all is possible...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast