Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Schirmutze, Real or fake???

Article about: HI guys i have been offered this here visor cap and i just want to know you opinions, the seller has told me this: "I have shown this hat to several experts in the WW2 field and they th

Default Heer Schirmutze, Real or fake???

HI guys i have been offered this here visor cap and i just want to know you opinions, the seller has told me this:

"I have shown this hat to several experts in the WW2 field and they think that it is def a WW2 German Officers hat, now on to the weird stuff not that request the weird stuff is the piping has been painted pink , under the pink paint is green piping Police green, now I have been told that in some cases they dyed the white piping on caps when the shortage of material was in 1944-45, the paint job on the cap is a very proffesional one as there is no splashes any place on the cap, it has been painted on all 3 levels of the cap . Both cap devices are 100% genuine, this cap was found in a house not a old house but a modern house, perhaps it was modified for TV or Film or Stage you decide"

Sorry the pics aren't great but he will try and give me some more next week,
    thanks for your time!
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Schirmutze, Real or fake???  Heer Schirmutze, Real or fake???  Heer Schirmutze, Real or fake??? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Schirmutze, Real or fake???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Schirmutze, Real or fake???

Postwar hat--probably BGS.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Default Re: Heer Schirmutze, Real or fake???

Great cap to learn from.

If you can get hold of it then have a good look at the lining and the stitching. If you have an original cap to compare the two would be a an advantage.

Don't buy it as original !