Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with this 1935 German Cap?

Article about: Here is a picture of what it looks like.

Default Help with this 1935 German Cap?

I need info help with this German Cap. Dated 1935 inside cap. Are the pins original to the cap, is it missing anything? What kind of cap military or political. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	381084Name:  cap2.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  43.5 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help with this 1935 German Cap?

Political and to my untrained eye it looks period from these images.

Other more knowledgeable members who know the finer details will be able to help more. Do you have further images to post? Back, top, inside, side views?

Default Re: The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Seems to be an original NSDAP Kreisleiter political leaders visor cap, Missing the wreath. Though I wouldent post it here, but post it in the
    Cap Authentication forum.

Cheers, Patrick

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap5.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	381183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap4.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	381182  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	381181  
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-09-2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Photos uploaded.

?

Part of the insignia is missing. You can see the imprint of the oakleaf wreath on the velvet band above the chin cords.

I am looking to buy this from a private party but do not knwo the value. They are asking $800 obo. Do you think that is a high or good price? I honestly don't know. I only own a few WWII era helmets but am looking to expand my collection. Any advice would really be apreciated.
    Nicole

800 would be a bit high for me with the missing wreath and the heavily worn inside i would be looking at around 500-600 max

Morris

After cleaning up the spam on this thread, the white piped cap is that of a political leader at the Kreisleitung level. The white piping came in to use in 1939 with the 4th pattern uniform. As Patrick mentioned, it should have a gilt oak leaf wreath around the political cocarde. The term Kreisleiter is actually the highest position in the Kreisleitung. There would be no way to acertain this cap belonged to a Kreisleiter. The asking price is fair and below what a dealer would ask.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I question reguarding the missing "gilt oak leaf wreath". What would this be made of. Are these hard to come by if I wanted to try and replace the missing piece? Just wondering what I should look for brass or silver or gold?

The missing insignia will be in the same material as the cap eagle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast