Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with cap insignia

Article about: Hello, I have this well worn cap. Clearly it is not in the best condition, has been used by a film company, and is authentic. The insignia is replaced, but is the insignia authentic? Many th

Default Help with cap insignia

Hello, I have this well worn cap. Clearly it is not in the best condition, has been used by a film company, and is authentic. The insignia is replaced, but is the insignia authentic? Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with cap insignia   Help with cap insignia  

Help with cap insignia   Help with cap insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with cap insignia
    P
    Many

Hello Doug,A good tool to have in your arsenal is a Black light.they are available from amazon UK under various sellers at reasonable prices.Under UV light most modern fakes will glow especially the whites. Here is an original Luftwaffe breast eagle and another modern patch for comparison.This is just a quick check method as some items may have been washed with modern detergents by someone with good intentions, but if only one area glows it is a caution flag!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with cap insignia