Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with German Hats

Article about: I would like some thoughts as to authenticity. Real or not. I'm at a show and believe may be a good deal. Thanks.

?

Default Help with German Hats

I would like some thoughts as to authenticity. Real or not. I'm at a show and believe may be a good deal. Thanks.
    Help with German HatsHelp with German HatsHelp with German HatsHelp with German HatsHelp with German HatsHelp with German HatsHelp with German HatsHelp with German Hats

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with German Hats
    P
    Many

An infantry Tellermuetze in below average condition. Likely of the make Kupper.
    A customs cap also in below average condition with the improper Hoheitszeichen.

?

Help with German HatsThanks for the info. It looks like another eagle may have been removed and replaced with the proper pin. Maybe some type of glue or adhisive. Any thoughts on that?

Denazification was very typical with these. I cannot tell what adhesive is there. If the thing is also covered in Elmer's glue, may I recommend you look elsewhere.
    This cap is neither rare nor valuable in the greater scheme of things. You can easily do better, unless the thing is ten dollars or something.

In my time, these caps in unused condition cost all of USD 25.

?

Thanks! Yeah. It seemed to be a good price. But I agree. I can do better. Thanks.

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah. It seemed to be a good price. But I agree. I can do better. Thanks.
    Army caps of this kind are fairly plentiful. I have no idea what a fair price is.

I used to own some very nice ones, which I got rid of. They have their own poetry.

There are people who want a cap that is all beaten up and lived in which is how the things really looked in actual life.

It all depends on the cap and one's mood and the price.

If you think you might re sell it, then you do well to find a complete piece in excellent condition.

But I do not know what a fair price is, as I do not search for such things.

?

Thank for your honest thoughts. I'm the kind of guy that like the salty been there look.
    But I think I'll pass on them for now. I'm at the Gettysburg Pa show. It's pretty good!