Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with M34 Feldmutze

Article about: I would like to get some opinions as to what kind of side hat this is and it’s authenticity. It seems like it could be an Allgeneine Overseas hat/M34 Feldmutze. It has a brown leather trim a

?

Default Help with M34 Feldmutze

I would like to get some opinions as to what kind of side hat this is and it’s authenticity. It seems like it could be an Allgeneine Overseas hat/M34 Feldmutze. It has a brown leather trim around it an a white piping.
    It has Uniform Maskinfabrik Koln size 61 on the inside. I can not read a date.
    Any help identifying this hat, and if it’s real or a reproduction.

Help with M34 FeldmutzeHelp with M34 FeldmutzeHelp with M34 FeldmutzeHelp with M34 FeldmutzeHelp with M34 FeldmutzeHelp with M34 FeldmutzeHelp with M34 FeldmutzeHelp with M34 Feldmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with M34 Feldmutze
    P
    Many

?

This is not a WWII cap. I don't know what organisation it represents.

I suppose it says: "Carls Isken Uniformmützenfabrik Köln"

The design of the cap matches the style used in Communist East Germany. Compare to the design of this NVA cap in my collection.

Help with M34 Feldmutze

?

Good Evening Harry,

thanks for the input. There is, however, no seam at the front of the flap with Obal7's cap and furthermore this would mean that Isken in Cologne would have produced for the DDR which seems most unlikely.

Taking a second look the leather edging also looks more than uncommon - don't know what to think of this cap but that it is no WW II cap.

?

Thanks for all of your input.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Good Evening Harry,

thanks for the input. There is, however, no seam at the front of the flap with Obal7's cap and furthermore this would mean that Isken in Cologne would have produced for the DDR which seems most unlikely.

Taking a second look the leather edging also looks more than uncommon - don't know what to think of this cap but that it is no WW II cap.
    I actually said that: 'It matches the style used in Communist East Germany'. I did NOT say - or imply, that it was an East German cap! And as for Cologne... I went there a few times when I was serving in BAOR, so I am quite aware that it was at that time in West Germany.

?

I'm sorry for the irritation my answer caused - obviously my English is too poor to correctly understand/interpret your words. Next time I'll try to be more careful.