Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.

Article about: by SteveR I have never seen any kind of Mdl 43 cap with navy cap buttons on it. As Ade mentioned it has been dyed. I absolutly do not believe that it is water police. I totally agree with St

yab
    ?

Default Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.

Hi, guys, I need some help/opinions about this cap, I got it a few days ago.
    Could it be some kind of wassershutz polizei/marine/HJ? There has been removed a triangele wollen mark on the front, I guess, it looks like that. It is stamped inside, but it is not easy to see, what I can read is on one of the pics.
    It smells old and has a few moth bites, the bottons is 12 mm in the diameter, and I can`t see any stamps on the back.
    If someone have any info on this kind of cap I would be glad and I am looking for the missing mark, if someone should have such for sale?
    Regards Yab.

- - Updated - -

Pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.   Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.  

Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.   Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.  

Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.   Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.  

Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help needed abaut a kind of a m43 marine cap.

Looks like an original cap, which has been dyed blue, most likely for post war wear. Naval buttons have no place on an original cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

yab
    ?

Hi Adrian, I`ve seen one for sale at the rupturedduck? and I mean I saw something about a similar one on this forum?
    Regards Yab.

Blues ones did exist and are rare, I just don't think this is one of them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Original Luftwaffe M43 I would say, most likely for Flak that's been dyed post war as Ade said.

yab
    ?

How can I see if it has been dyed blue? and why the marine buttons? nothing react on uv-light.
    Regards Yab.

The lining is too dark a colour and the loops are never blue like this.

Nothing will react to UV light: it is original material, just dyed.

There are products which will remove dye if you are feeling adventurous.....I add this for info only.

Cheers, Ade.

yab
    ?

Thanks for the answers, but anyway, I am still looking for the missing mark, if someone should know where to find it, either for the marine cap or wasserschutz polizei.
    Regards Yab.

I agree with Ade.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I have never seen any kind of Mdl 43 cap with navy cap buttons on it. As Ade mentioned it has been dyed.
    I absolutly do not believe that it is water police.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast