Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.

Article about: c'est de la merde

Default Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.

Hello guys, I have been offered this visor cap as well as a General Assault Badge. I am sure that this is not a postwar mock-up visor cap. The bullion wreath and cockade seem to be well made, could somebody help me out please?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.   Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.  

Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.   Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.  

Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.

I dont like it, but as Im not a collector of these, dont take my word for it.

Default re: Hermann Goering Division Schirmmütze with Bullion Insignia, opinions needed please.

Agree with Scout, it just looks wrong to me. The wool and the visor and the lining do not seem anything like those I have seen previously. I don't remember seeing one with bullion piping either though if I remember correctly it was used at one time and would be for an officer and does not indicate HG Division. Has it got any HG unit markings as nearly all original are marked in some way to which ever HG unit they were for, IE General Goering regiment or HG division etc...
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

the cap outside and inside looks like those repros from China.

?

I;m looking at the interior visor which looks like its been restitched but the original holes have;nt been used, i'm wondering if this is a Janke copy

Whatever it is, it is 4th Reich as the material, lining and visor are incorrect as previously stated. What gave you the impression this had anything to do with the HG Division?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree with the above--it is a fake. It appears to be a combination repro/franky, with postwar parts.

Funny how they used laurel leaves on the cockade instead of oakleaves....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Agreed reproduction does not stand a chance

?

who made that?

?

Crappy fake of a Luftwaffe officer's cap.

BobS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast