Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?

Article about: Hello Everyone: I'm currently looking at picking up this transport visor. How does it look? I want to use it for a display with my tunic, which I have also posted with the photos of the cap.

Default How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?

Hello Everyone:

I'm currently looking at picking up this transport visor. How does it look?
    I want to use it for a display with my tunic, which I have also posted with the photos of the cap.
    Sellers description: Army Supply Officer's Visor Cap. The cap is a NCO upgrade to an officer. It is a size 55 1/2 and is made of quality, tricot field/gray wool, with a dark green wool centerband and light-blue wool waffenfarbe. The cap features a classic tellermutze shape, with a high front, and round top. It is complete with a set of die-stamped aluminum cap insignia and a black patent leather chinstrap with black finished metal side buttons. The visor is made of black fiber, with a reddish-brown cross hatched underside. It is lined with reddish-brown polished cotton lining, with the complete celluloid sweat diamond remaining. The sweat band is made of reddish-brown leather, and is undamaged, and intact. It is contract marked "Clemes Wagner 1938" under the sweat band.
    Thanks!

Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?   How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?
    P
    Many

Default re: How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?

Hi

looks good nice original government contract cap . As the seller says it is an other ranks cap that has been "upgraded" to officer. When this was done is impossible to say but if the price is officer cap price and not other ranks price I would wait for a real officers to come along.

It will always be an other ranks cap in value ! IMO

cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony,

My tunic is an upgraded from enlisted to officer during the war also, so wouldn't this fit?

Thanks
    Cody

Hi Cody

You can make anything fit, entirely up to you.

I was raising the issue of price a dealer may put on something that is "officer" rather than other ranks. I don't know the price of the cap so was just looking at the financials and giving you options. If its what you want and it fits then get it as the cap is 100%. very nice in fact.

cheers

Tony

here's mine.

Attachment 460848Attachment 460849Attachment 460850Attachment 460851
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?   How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?  

How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?   How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?  

How does this Heer Transport Officers Schirmmütze Look?  

I love your Cap! Its in great condition!
    Have you ever seen any period photos of transport officers? I have been looking but usually only get trucks and tanks.

Hi Cody

The photos are tricky because unless they are captioned as a supply unit then how will we know in black and white ! Never seen an original colour shot of transport officers but here's hoping !

Good luck with deciding on your purchase.

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi Cody

You can make anything fit, entirely up to you.

I was raising the issue of price a dealer may put on something that is "officer" rather than other ranks. I don't know the price of the cap so was just looking at the financials and giving you options. If its what you want and it fits then get it as the cap is 100%. very nice in fact.

cheers

Tony

here's mine.

Attachment 460848Attachment 460849Attachment 460850Attachment 460851
    Very handsome cap. I an enlisted cap of this type, made by a Bayreuth hatter.

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

looks good nice original government contract cap . As the seller says it is an other ranks cap that has been "upgraded" to officer. When this was done is impossible to say but if the price is officer cap price and not other ranks price I would wait for a real officers to come along.

It will always be an other ranks cap in value ! IMO

cheers

Tony
    Mr. Tony's counsel is always wise. To each his own, but the cap fits the tunic, somehow. Fahrtruppen caps are fairly scarce, and I do not think I have ever seen a Tellermuetze for Fahrtruppen with the black leather strap or the alu Kordel.

I echo FB on the above comment on shape and leather strap. Almost worth getting to convert back to other ranks, a hard cap to find as a government issue piece.

Cheers

Tony