Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

ID’ing visor

Article about: A friend sent me these pictures of a visor , I do not know enough about them to tell him what he has. Any help would be great. Marty

So it varies from maker? That’s good to know. Thanks. I was told my friend (who also collects these) to go by that. I’ll pass the information along. Sorry everyone for the confusion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID’ing visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID’ing visor
    P
    Many

Pictures are of the same visor. I will ask him for more. There is a piece of thread above the eagles wing that matches in both pictures and the stains on the label in the inside are the same.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by DDRCollector View Post
    Don’t worry! You weren’t beating me up.

No problem. Words are difficult to interpret in written form. And pointing out weakness of your argument or forum principals are not meant to be attacks. Just education.

A great starter reference book (besides the hundreds of forum posts here at WRF) is Gary Wilkins "The Collector's Guide to Cloth Third Reich Military Headgear" (no book is perfect)

One read through this book and you will quick see what a complicated subject visors are.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Pictures are of the same visor. I will ask him for more. There is a piece of thread above the eagles wing that matches in both pictures and the stains on the label in the inside are the same.
    Sorry Marty. I am not convinced. But happy to be proven wrong.

The two photos of the inside are of a different visor than the two photos of the front of the visor.

Photo 1: Green Waffenfarbe...Not Red

ID’ing visor

Photo 2: Doeskin fabric. Not Tricot weave

ID’ing visor

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks! I’ll check into that. Don’t worry, I didn’t feel attacked. I need all the constructive criticism I can get. My goal is to be well versed in this kind hobby.

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Hello..

I am with map and David on this one..two different visors.
    First two pics show a visor without a chincord next picture show a chincord and a different shape..
    Just my opinion.. look forward seeing more pictures..
    Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Quote by MAP View Post
    Sorry Marty. I am not convinced. But happy to be proven wrong.

The two photos of the inside are of a different visor than the two photos of the front of the visor.

Photo 1: Green Waffenfarbe...Not Red

ID’ing visor

Photo 2: Doeskin fabric. Not Tricot weave

ID’ing visor
    Map
    Excellent detailed work

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Map
    Excellent detailed work
    The chincord David pointed out is the most obvious but someone could argue that it was removed (see Stonemints's query about removable chincord buttons).

But you can't hide different waffenfarb or fabric types

Quote by MAP View Post
    The chincord David pointed out is the most obvious but someone could argue that it was removed (see Stonemints's query about removable chincord buttons).

But you can't hide different waffenfarb or fabric types
    As true as can be spoken..
    Very nice and detailed work map! Clearly two different
    Visors we behold.. one artillery and one perhaps officials?

Though I was wrong on the cap, still post a picture of the Luftwaffe helmet. I wouldn’t mind (and I’m sure others are the same way) seeing it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast