Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM visor - Need help

Article about: the insignia are sure good.

Default KM visor - Need help

Real? I picked this up yesterday as an add on on a helmet purchase, the seller wouldn't sell the helmets that I wanted unless this was part of the package. I know nothing about visors, but this does resemble a Kriegs Administrative Officer's visor. If it is real, I will be pleasantly surprised, but I am not expecting that to be the case. Thanks in advance for any replies. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM visor - Need help   KM visor - Need help  

KM visor - Need help   KM visor - Need help  

KM visor - Need help   KM visor - Need help  

KM visor - Need help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM visor - Need help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: KM visor - Need help

the linning looks aged, mine was blue... sweatband?

Jim, I do not think this is what you had hoped it would be

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Jim, I do not think this is what you had hoped it would be
    Thanks John. I did not think it was right, but wanted the 2 helmets, one was the Beaded M42 Luftschutz I posted, and the other was an Austrian M16/Finnish reissue in very good shape. The seller wouldn't sell the steel without the cloth, so I agreed. The total paid was not much more than I would have expected to pay for the 2 steel pots, so I wasn't hurt too badly. Cheers, Jim G.

Original Pre war cap

nice salty hat,,,

?

vestae says its good , i guess it is... he is the hat man

Quote by colt45 View Post
    vestae says its good , i guess it is... he is the hat man
    Thanks, I was quite surprised, and very happy(!), when he weighed in (no pun intended), and several others as well, and now am confident that it is right. I won't be playing the blues on my dobro tonight! I see from your profile that we have similar interests all around, music, guitar history, and flea markets, but I am only a self taught picker who makes barely tolerable noise with my bottle neck slide playing. Back to the cap, as I said, it was a forced "add on" to a helmet purchase, and if the seller had not refused to sell the steel helmets without this in the lot, I probably would have passed on it. I have only 2 other visors, a post war $5.00 East German hat, and a salty Heer visor purchased many years ago from the vet's son (sans adler and with a Luft cocade, which I have replaced with real insignia from Bill Shea). I guess we all get lucky sometimes. I do like it, and now I am afraid that a few more clothe items will "appear mysteriously!" on the shelf, as my wife says when a new piece is secreted into the helmet room. Anyway, tahnks again for the feedback. Cheers, Jim G.

?

I still pick bluegrass mandolin, we jam about 1 time a month... nice navy hat!

?

Yes, I like this as well. Nice early example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast