Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please

Article about: Good morning, I have received pictures of this KM pith helmet and I am not too sure what to think about it. I have used Jerry's list of pith helmet makers and I cannot find this maker there.

Default Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please

Good morning,

I have received pictures of this KM pith helmet and I am not too sure what to think about it.

I have used Jerry's list of pith helmet makers and I cannot find this maker there. Also with the eagle removed their appears to be no discolouration of the helmet as you would expect.

With my limited knowledge I would pass on it, would I be correct in doing so?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please   Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please  

Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please   Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please  

Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please   Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please  

Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Tropenhelm (Pith Helmet), Opinions needed please

Hi Glenn, its a French made example. It could very well be a Kriegsmarine reissue. But it can also be a French colonial example destroyed to make a fast buck.

Its a nice lid, if cheap. I would buy it for what it is.
    Cheers
    Nuno