Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!

Article about: You did the right thing mate, the cap is etsy ketsy and probably not worth the risk.

Default on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!

Hello everyone. I have on hold this beautiful visor cap. On the outside is in mint condition but the interior has an issue with the sweatband. Seller says it's a rare variant as the piping is not felt fabric but rayon.
    What i would like to ask is if we all agree that it is 100% original and also if the insignia are 100% ok?
    Is it normal to have green interior? I only know 2 things. Golden interior for private purchased caps and orange/brown for those issued by the army. (Ade you see i'm learning what you teach me )
    So let's hear what you have to say........
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!   on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!  

on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!   on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!  

on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!   on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!

Hi Chris, save your money.

This cap, aside from the broken sweatband, has other issues. The whole top appears to have been rebuilt. It is too small. Just look at that awful joint in the piping when viewed from the side.

Don't buy this.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for your reply Ade. Are you talking about this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!   on this Late War Rayon Piped Heer Infantry!!!!  

Yes, terrible!

Cheers, Ade.

Damn i must go have my eyes checked. And i really liked it Have to cancel now

Hi

Not a good cap. Don't buy it.

Piping is way off the mark, the sweatband doesn't look too good and the lining looks a bit too shiny IMO.

I would be interested to check and see what the celluloid was made of a well. If it is very flexible to the touch then its a gppd indicator that its post 1945.

Hope this helps.

Hi Chris, it is what is known in the hobby as a "Frankenstein" (after the horror Novel/Movie) in other words a Monster made up of some original parts.

Never commit to buy before posting here.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Personally, I wouldn't be too quick to condemn this one.

The overlapping piping joint looks terrible but more and more period pics have surfaced recently showing that it was done. The paper sweatband is authentic and has broken like many other similar ones. Not so keen on some of the sewing around the peak, surely a collectors post war repair.

I can't explain why but I sense this is a non German made cap, maybe French or Dutch but I do think it's got a good chance of being authentic, for the most part anyway!

Not a good investment though unless super duper cheap!

Thanks guys. Ade you know me. I always start a discussion prior purchasing but this time i broke the rule and almost got burned. Seller said that he had started a discussion on the cap too, in WAF and that there was a debate. He is right i checked in the forum there and some say it's good others say it's bad. But i always take your opinion into serious consideration so i thought it would be better to step back from the deal. I hate this. I have never stepped back but this time i had no choice.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't be too quick to condemn this one.

The overlapping piping joint looks terrible but more and more period pics have surfaced recently showing that it was done. The paper sweatband is authentic and has broken like many other similar ones. Not so keen on some of the sewing around the peak, surely a collectors post war repair.

I can't explain why but I sense this is a non German made cap, maybe French or Dutch but I do think it's got a good chance of being authentic, for the most part anyway!

Not a good investment though unless super duper cheap!
    Hi Ben thank you for replying. I thought the price was good but before hearing member's comments. It was a deal for $510 including shipping from USA and pp fees. The thing is that i already have an artillery visor which is not in the best condition so i would like my next one to be an excellent example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast