Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for opinions on this Heer Einheitsfeldmutze

Article about: Hi all, I'm thinking this is a Post-war, but don't know near enough about them to make that determination. Most of the examples I've seen do not have the elaborate markings on the interior s

?

Default Looking for opinions on this Heer Einheitsfeldmutze

Hi all,

I'm thinking this is a Post-war, but don't know near enough about them to make that determination. Most of the examples I've seen do not have the elaborate markings on the interior so I'm assuming someone tried hard to make this look original (too hard)? I've also never seen an example with a full leather sweat band. The insignia also looks very poorly sewn.

Thought I'd post it here for opinions before assuming incorrectly one way or the other

Looking for opinions on this Heer EinheitsfeldmutzeLooking for opinions on this Heer EinheitsfeldmutzeLooking for opinions on this Heer Einheitsfeldmutze

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WW2 German Visor Caps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for opinions on this Heer Einheitsfeldmutze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Looking for opinions on this M43 Cap...

A fake complete with US made fake insignia. Note the incorrectly formed swastika and how the arms fail to meet correctly in the middle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Looking for opinions on this M43 Cap...

Wow! Great eye Ade! The devil really is in the details. I assumed this was bad from the start, but even with the fakes I learn a lot about what to look for, as I just did with the incorrectly formed Swastika.

?

Default Re: Looking for opinions on this Heer Einheitsfeldmutze

Actualy, the cap isn't fake, it's a post war Austrian made cap from the company Marie Slama & Sohn.
    Kappenfabrik Marie Slama und Sohn