Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

LTC (Ret) Atwood at the Berlins Aelteste Muetzenfabrik strikes again...

Article about: by stonemint More proof that money can't buy brains--it went for: US \\$1.835,00 EUR 1.335,03 Insanity, Idiocy or Both....

Quote by stonemint View Post
    More proof that money can't buy brains--it went for:

US $1.835,00
    EUR 1.335,03
    Insanity, Idiocy or Both....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LTC  (Ret) Atwood at the  Berlins Aelteste Muetzenfabrik strikes again...
    P
    Many

William,Its a combination of both plus the natural greed when someone thinks he's bought a treasure for 25% of its worth and less!I have seen this at work when collectors and not new ones spot a prize,but have walked into the spiders web and are stuck fast!Don't bother asking advise even if there are red flags just plunge right in and you will have been added to the sucker list.This will never end and I leave the telling of the sad story to the fine hands of this forum when they see these 'Treasures' posted here and tell the truth about what the person really has purchased.Common sense would have told them I am not liking this piece really,but they were stuck like the fly in the web!

More data from the sale of the week.

The challenge and response associated with this sale:

Hi There, just wanted to ask do you no any history or where it came from please? Cheers Joe Feb-21-14
    A: I GOT THIS CAP FROM MY UNCLE WHO WAS IN THE ARMY IN WWII. KINDEST, 4ZERO
    Q: HI, What size is the hat? Can you send me more pics . I want a pic of the front and back. How much are youy selling tha emblem. Are you just going to give it to the highest bidder. . Thank you Feb-21-14
    A: HELLO, I DON'T KNOW WHAT SIZE IT IS. I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND IT WON'T FIT ME. I GUESS I WOULD SAY IT WOULD FIT A 180 LB. MAN, SAY 5'9" OR SO, JUST A GUESSTAMIT. I HAVE BEEN OFFERED 1400. FOR THE PINS, THAT WILL BE THE PRICE THE PINS WILL BE OFFERED AT. ALL THE PINS ARE THERE AND STRONG. .......AND YES GEORGE, TIM, AND GREG, THEY DID COME OFF THIS CAP AND ARE SILVER OR SILVER PLATED I SUPPOSE. I HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION/S, KINDEST REGARDS, 4ZEROTHEHERO
    Q: i happened to read a question someone asked and i just had to ask,did you really take the insignia off this visor and you are going to sell it separately? i hope that's not the case and if it is, maybe your just not a collector and that's why you are doing that,kinda like selling a 63 corvette and pulling the original engine and selling it to another bidder, something that's been together for decades needs to stay together. of course its none of my business but you really should leave it together,your still gonna get probably 3 grand or more out of it. Feb-19-14
    A: HELLO, I DID INDEED REMOVE THE PINS. I PHONED EBAY WHO TOLD ME THIS WOULD BE THE ONLY WAY I COULD LIDT IT. PERHAPS I COMMETED A CARDINAL SIN REMOVING THE INSIGNIA, BUT NO DAMAGE WAS DONE REALLY. ......AND YES, I WAS TOLD THE CAP WOULD BE WORTH FAR MORE THEN 3K.....BUT THAT'S UP TO ALL THE COLLECTOR'S OUT THERE WHAT THIS EXAMPLE WILL SELL FOR. IT IS INDEED STUNNING IN MY OPINION, WILL NO DAMAGE TO REPORT. THE PINS ARE REALLY NICE WITH SUPERB AND STELLAR DETAIL. IT'S A LEARNING PROCESS TO SEE WHAT THE ORIGINAL THING LOOKS LIKE COMPARED TO POOR EXAMPLES SEEN IN THE MOVIES. THIS IS REALLY A STUNNING CAP, THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND COMMENTS, BEST, 4ZEROTHEHERO
    Q: Hello, could you tell me what the markings are on the back of the metel insignia? thank you. regards, Tim Feb-19-14
    A: HELLO, I HAVE SENT PICTURES TO A FEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE SAID THESE ARE 100% GENUINE VINTAGE ORIGINAL EXAMPLES OF THESE PINS. THEY ARE SILVER AND HAVE SOME TARNISHING AND ALL THE METAL PRONGS ARE PRESENT AND SOLID. THEY ARE MARKED RZM? AND THE SKULL PIN IS IS MADE BY A COMPANY CALLED DESCULER? I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHAT THE CORRECT SPELLING OF THIS COMPANY IS BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD WHO MADE IT. THEY WILL BE FOR SALE TO THE WINNER OF THE CAP AFTER AUCTION. PICTURES WILL BE FORWARDED TO THAT PERSON FIRST FOR THEM TO CONSIDER SUCH THE PUCHASE OF THEM. WHEN THE PINS ARE ON, THIS CAP IT LOOKS VERY INTENSE AND SCARY, BUT BEAUTIFUL NONE THE LESS. ACTUALLY PRETTY SPECTACULAR AND STUNNING IN MY OPINION. I HOPE THIS ANSWERS THE QUESTIONS EACH MAY HAVE, BEST, 4ZEROTHEHERO
    Q: Do you have both, original metal insignia? Thanks for Your Time, Jeff Feb-13-14
    A: YES, I DO HAVE THE METAL INSIGNIA,THEY ARE SILVER OR SILVER PLATED PERHAPS. I WILL SELL THEM TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. ANOTHER GUY ASKED IF THE ALUMINUM PIPING IS FACE TO FACE AT THE SEAM, AND IT IS ON ALL THREE LINES OF ALUMINUM PIPING STRIPES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.

- - ------- - -

Every shop worn argument in a battered old book, that's for certain.

Intense and scary are the depths of human calumny, willful greed, and the capacity to do harm to the less than innocent.

And with these final words, friends, I herewith close this thread and wish you and an intense and scary search for your happy hats, as well as silver hat pins...!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3