Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luft Trophelm??

Article about: Good evening, As some of you may recall, I made an ill-advised transaction with a certain 'Pawel Nowak' some months ago: Ignorant slut that I am - I went ahead and sent him a wire transfer t

Default Luft Trophelm??

Good evening,
    As some of you may recall, I made an ill-advised transaction with a certain 'Pawel Nowak' some months ago: Ignorant slut that I am - I went ahead and sent him a wire transfer to a European bank in order to pay for a FJ helmet.
    I was rapidly disabused of my naivete by members of this forum when I sought validation of my purchase, and was told NEVER to deal with this all-round skinflute and notorious peddler of oriental tat ever again.
    Fast-forward two months and I thought I would share what turned up at my doorstep in lieu of the expected FJ helmet; along with a sackfull of dubious excuses in email correspondance, naturally. I have posted the M43 type cap on a seperate thread and the tornister pack is in the field gear section (although -remarkably- I suspect it is genuine).
    Sweatband feels like some kind of crude plastic, helmet itself is constructed out of some sort of plastic or bamboo whicker weave. The chinstrap is flexible and somewhat elastic. The eyelets are rusty. There are NO markings whatsoever on the helmet of the Shield but the eagle has some sort of stamp which is completely illegible and may even be a scratch. Helmet is soiled in the expected places, though all in all I am not holding my breath. So, without further ado, I present for your enjoyment, mud-slinging and -who knows- validation? I give you one Luft Trophelm (?) courtesy of Polands finest shyster…
    Luft Trophelm??Luft Trophelm??Luft Trophelm??Luft Trophelm??Luft Trophelm??Luft Trophelm??Luft Trophelm??Luft Trophelm??Luft Trophelm??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Trophelm??
    P
    Many

This is not German military issue. But is does appear to have age to it. What it is I don't know: other nationality, civvy, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Insignia is fake with fake l number marking. Helmet is indo china far east type and probably civilian
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks gents. Sigh. Lesson learned.