Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft Visor help

Article about: Hey guys as I usually don’t intend to collect visors but if I can collect anything that is priced nicely I do not mind picking it up. Wanted to get it checked out before bought please and th

Default Luft Visor help

Hey guys as I usually don’t intend to collect visors but if I can collect anything that is priced nicely I do not mind picking it up. Wanted to get it checked out before bought please and thank you guys! And also visor is being offered at a price of 650 shipped thanks again guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images Luft Visor help  Luft Visor help  Luft Visor help  Luft Visor help  Luft Visor help  Luft Visor help  Luft Visor help 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Visor help
    P
    Many

I have no clue why the pictures have ended up like that sorry guys!

?

Sorry, but without better pics and more from the inside (you might read the instructions here: Visual Guide to Upload Photos) nobody will be able to tell you anything on this cap. Could be a lat(er) war cap, could also be an Älteste/Janke copy ...

?

cant comment on authenticity, but here are the full sized photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Visor help   Luft Visor help  

Luft Visor help   Luft Visor help  

Luft Visor help   Luft Visor help  

Luft Visor help  

?

Looks quite promising to me. I like the colour of the alu piping (I don't like the method of joining by wrapping one end over the other, but this was done that way in period caps).

As you are a paying member look in the original visor cap section for late war LW caps with grey interior and compare for yourself.

TWS
    ?

I'm not crazy about it. I'm more of a Heer collector and do not have any late war LW officer caps, just two early-mid war examples but based on them I would treat this one with caution.

Is it acceptable for a late one to have no trim around the visor edge? Not in my (albeit limited) experience. I also would want a better/more detailed photo of the visor underside, but what I am seeing from the less than stellar photo I tend not to like. Also not crazy about the lining material or the size stamp. I know ErWeSa knows his way around caps. With more detailed photos members like him or stonemint can give definitive guidance.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

The visor without trim is typical for late war LW caps. I know there are examples of this grey interior somewhere on the forum here, can't find them at present, just a late-war SS cap, see here (post # 10): Grey SS caps, in this case authentic which is very similar, also the size stamp and this: Need opinions on Luftwaffe Herman Goring Division Visor Cap... which BenVK thought to be original after all (post # 8).
    Let's see what the experts say - anyway, "under the hood" shots would help.

Thank you everybody for your opinions and thank you Alex for doing that for me much appreciated! I think I’ll pass on it these visors seem way more tricky than helmets lol.

?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Thank you everybody for your opinions and thank you Alex for doing that for me much appreciated! I think I’ll pass on it these visors seem way more tricky than helmets lol.
    I gotta agree with you there. with helmets there is only a handful of makers and different decal types. But there is a plethora of Visor makers and distributors. I feel like I'm starting all over again getting into these visors. But learning new stuff is good fun.

Alex

MAP
    ?

Not too bad for a late war example. Some moth nips but overall it is intact.

As for the visor without the trim on the brim....

Here is one I used to have (or maybe still do...can't remember)

It's an eReL

Luft Visor help
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast