MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flak Schirmmütze at auction, Opinions needed please.

Article about: Hello guys, I am attending a local military auction this weekend. I have spotted some fake and real items but I am unsure of this item. This is the only picture that I have so I cannot have

Default Luftwaffe Flak Schirmmütze at auction, Opinions needed please.

Hello guys, I am attending a local military auction this weekend. I have spotted some fake and real items but I am unsure of this item. This is the only picture that I have so I cannot have a good look at it until the day. But are there any red flags concerning this item? It appears to have a breast eagle on the front of it. It is dated 1943.
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flak Schirmmütze at auction, Opinions needed please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak Schirmmütze at auction, Opinions needed please.
    P
    Many

Default re: Luftwaffe Flak Schirmmütze at auction, Opinions needed please.

Hello, sorry for bumping this thread prematurely and I know that it is hard to determine originality on one picture, but I really want to hear what you guys have to say about this item please
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Appears to have a late war zinc eagle on it. The chinstrap appears to be army. No way to tell anything else from a single picture.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Appears to have a late war zinc eagle on it. The chinstrap appears to be army. No way to tell anything else from a single picture.
    Hello Steve, thanks for your reply. Am I correct in saying it is a breast eagle? I also notice the chinstrap as LW Caps have more of a curved buckle on the chinstrap. My apologises for the single picture.
    Thanks, Glen.

?

i believe you are right about the eagle friend the angle of the photo caused me to misjudge the size of the eagle.

I am thinking this could be a parts visor cap, due to the breast eagle and chinstrap???
    Thanks, Glen.

I attended the auction today and it turns out it was the correct eagle but it just looked much larger on the picture. I had been studying original examples over the past couple of days and the auction example looked genuine to me, due to the sweatband and green colour on the bottom of the visor peak. Shame it went for £250!
    Thanks, Glen.