Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)

Article about: This was for sale in germany a few months ago. The seller gave full garantee on it's originality and on the fact that all parts are period-original attached. (the visor looks reattached thou

Default luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)

This was for sale in germany a few months ago. The seller gave full garantee on it's originality and on the fact that all parts are period-original attached. (the visor looks reattached though). Maybe some parts are put together but that is not my question. The reason I post this is because of the cap maker: 'Clewa', better known as 'Clemens Wagner' from Braunschweig. As far as I know, when you spot a Clewa logo, that automaticaly means the cap is a post-war wagner product. I'm not very experienced but in this case however, I would get fooled extremely easy, too easy. This shirmmutze is looking very convincing TR to me... but.. it isn't? Is the 'clewa' logo for sure post war?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)   luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)  

luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)   luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)  

luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)   luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)  

Last edited by vonbrugge; 12-29-2016 at 04:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)
    P
    Many

v.b.--yes, the hat is postwar. Early postwar, but still postwar.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

what service do you think this was made for? Did de fliegerhorstfeuerwehr continue post-war?

Quote by vonbrugge View Post
    what service do you think this was made for? Did de fliegerhorstfeuerwehr continue post-war?
    Probably not until the LW was reconstituted. It appears that it had velvet, but it has been shaved off to look like a wool band. IMO, it is just a postwar Feuerwehr visor.

Here is a BRD Feuerwehr visor with a wool band:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)   luftwaffe fliegerhorstfeuerwehr officers cap by ''clewa'' (clemens wagner)