Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

luftwaffe officer visor

Article about: this is currently for sale on the ulric of england website. he claims it is an Original double marked erel. can someone explain to me what this erel sweatband is doing on a wagner cap?

Default luftwaffe officer visor

this is currently for sale on the ulric of england website. he claims it is an Original double marked erel. can someone explain to me what this erel sweatband is doing on a wagner cap?
    Attached Images Attached Images luftwaffe officer visor  luftwaffe officer visor  luftwaffe officer visor  luftwaffe officer visor  luftwaffe officer visor  luftwaffe officer visor  luftwaffe officer visor 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe officer visor
    P
    Many

Bad, bad, bad (thanks for bringing this to our attention)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Yet another reason to avoid that website.

thanks for sharing mate !

This cap has now been "sold" by Ulric and is now listed for sale by Regimentals. I wonder if Ulric got his asking price ? !! as Regimentals are selling at a loss !!! love the Dealer co-operation eh !!!

?

Is regimentals a trusted website. I saw some RAD items i was interested in

Buy the item, not the dealer.

Yup, same cap, and no acknowledgment that it is a Clemens Wagner w/ (at the very least) an added Erel sweatband:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe officer visor   luftwaffe officer visor  

luftwaffe officer visor   luftwaffe officer visor  

luftwaffe officer visor   luftwaffe officer visor  

luftwaffe officer visor  
    Attached Images Attached Images luftwaffe officer visor 

Both Ulric and Regimentals seem to pop up fairly frequently where duff pieces are concerned. Have never dealt with Ulric, so can't speak for them. But I've bought several items from Regimentals, including a Heer officer's sword, and the small grouping I recently posted here.
    As Stonemint has already said, it is best to buy the item, not the dealer. Good dealers may have bad pieces, just as bad dealers may have some good pieces. Personal knowledge is at the forefront of this hobby, and an immeasurably important tool when it comes to collecting authentic items.

Saying that, you get to know the reliable dealers from the shysters with time. It's important to note that even the best names in the business sometimes let an odd fake slip through, almost always by accident. It shows, again that knowledge is incredibly important.
    You should have the knowledge necessary to make an educated guess at authenticity after a few years in the hobby. That is, after all, why we collect these things: to educate. What's the point if we don't educate ourselves in the process?

Long-winded ramble of a reply over. Best regards...

B.B.

?

As is to be expected, an absurd price of over $1700, and a franky to boot!

BobS