Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?

Article about: Hi guys. I`m new to this forum. My first post. I have been watching this forum for 2 years now before signing in. Think it`s a great forum with a lot of nice post`s and always enjoy`s readin

Default Re: Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?

Hi and welcome to the forum, this is a good original tropenhelm, I can see that it was also originally a Luftwaffe one as there is the "shadow" in the area of the material to indicate where the original adler was! Jerry will tell you for sure about the time period , but one thing is for sure,that adler is poor compared to the other parts so I would not buy that from the seller! Also ask the question, why has the seller "removed" the original insignia from the helmet? I guess the answer is that they are not this helmets "original" insignia!! Leon. (P.S. Please don't stalk us ,just join in!!) Leon.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?

Hi again. Can buy this lufteagle for the tropen helmet ! What do you guys think ? IMO I think it`s good ! But opinions are always great ! Thanks. SF Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LWAdler 001.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	541229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LWAdler 002.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	541230

upper part of eagle should be open, not filled in, so eagle is fake, but tropenhelm itself is OK. Also don't like the shield pins - sorry - pin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12