Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?

Article about: Hi guys. I`m new to this forum. My first post. I have been watching this forum for 2 years now before signing in. Think it`s a great forum with a lot of nice post`s and always enjoy`s readin

Default Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?

Hi guys. I`m new to this forum. My first post. I have been watching this forum for 2 years now before signing in. Think it`s a great forum with a lot of nice post`s and always enjoy`s reading and looking at all your nice things and comments. Let me introduce my self. I`m 48 years old and started collecting 24 years ago. Did a lot of collecting the first 6-7 years. Then i got married and became father. Then I only collected so on-of in small scale for some years. But started again seriosly for about 5 years ago. I will take me time in the coming week`s to upload some of my things that I had collected over the years. ( I`f this post work`s and I find out to upload pics. ? ) But first I need some help ! I bought this Luft pith helmet yesterday on a well known auction site ! Will ask If I did the right on bidding on this pith helmet ? And are the eagle and shield original ? Hope you guy`s who know`s will help me ! Thank`s in advance !! SF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?   Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?  

Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?   Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?  

Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?   Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?  

Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe pith helmet. Original or not ?

Hi, welcome to the forum.
    Two years and you only register now???? Would love to see more of your collection. Im glad you like this Forum, because its one of the best around.

Its a nice salty original Pith helmet

Cheers
    Nuno

Hi Nuno. Thanks for the Quick Answer ! My feeling was also it look`d good ! More the decals I didn`t knew if real or not !? So you think the decal`s are original !? If, then I am a happy man !! :-) And Thanks for welcoming me here on the forum. Will find time The next week`s to Take some pics. of some of my things and post them here. Ok. Why I didn`t sign`d in earlyer is in fact that i`m no expert with computers. :-( But It was very easy to upload pics. and text here !! So I will do It as soon I can ! ok. Thanks. SF

I still have my doubt about the eagle !? Take a look at the swaztika. It is filled up on the upper part of it ! And I`m not sure about the way the prongs is attached. But think the helmet is a nice original ! I just won the pith helmet , and now the seller will sell them for more money. But not sure about them !? Should I pass on these ? Thanks SF

Nice pith.. Welcome to the forum.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by silverfox View Post
    I still have my doubt about the eagle !? Take a look at the swaztika. It is filled up on the upper part of it ! And I`m not sure about the way the prongs is attached. But think the helmet is a nice original ! I just won the pith helmet , and now the seller will sell them for more money. But not sure about them !? Should I pass on these ? Thanks SF
    The pith is no doubt an original. No worries there.
    I too have a Luftwaffe Tropenhelm, similar to this one.
    However i have some concerns on the shields you have shown.
    The biggest problem with these insignias, is that they are worth a lot more than the helmet it self. So, they are heavily faked.

Definetly original good Luft Pith that all is right. Don't know about the insignia that can be a minefield. I like the helmet Lufts are pretty scarce compared to standard Heer ones. timothy

Thanks for your help on this pith and insignia. I say`d no to the insignia, as I was not 100 % sure on them !? The shield is easy to find ! Hope I can find a eagle some where !?
    Do you guys and girls know someone on the net that has an eagle for sale ? Or have some of you guys one extra for sale ? Please let me know if !? Thanks SF

The eagle is a fake, the tri colour is an original.

Good salty Luftwaffe tropenhelm, they are not pith helmets as that material was not used by the Germans for their sun helmets at this date.

as mentioned, the adler can very expensive, if you can find one for sale.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry B for the information, that it is call`d a tropenhelm. Thought they all were call`d pith helmets ? What year do you think this one is from ? is it an early one ? Is it when they changed the material to felt they were call`d pith helmets ? It`s my first tropen/pith helmet so try to learn ! I more collected steelhelmets trough the years ! And about the eagle ! I got the money for it when I find one ! :-) SF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast