Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe side cap question.

Article about: I just bought this original luftwaffe side cap and I was hoping someone tell me more about the markings inside? Thanks!

Default Luftwaffe side cap question.

I just bought this original luftwaffe side cap and I was hoping someone tell me more about the markings inside?

Thanks!Luftwaffe side cap question.Luftwaffe side cap question.Luftwaffe side cap question.Luftwaffe side cap question.Luftwaffe side cap question.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe side cap question.
    P
    Many

It is unit marked to the base at Dievanow. (Poland)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yep 10000% original !

Do you happen to know what the "S f j . H. Kdtr" means? One guy I know said it may be for a Fallschirmjager unit?
    Last edited by ErsatzGrenadier1944; 10-04-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Sorry, that guy was wrong. It is "fl" not Fallschirmjager.

If you searched, you will have found that the base was for Sea Planes. The marking is for the HQ. Seefliegerhorst Haupt Kommandantur Dievenow. See the entry here for Ostsee 1940-1945:

Seefliegerverbände 1939-45

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very interesting!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sorry, that guy was wrong. It is "fl" not FJ.

If you searched, you will have found that the base was for Sea Planes. The marking is for the HQ. See the entry here for Ostsee 1940-1945:

Seefliegerverbände 1939-45

Cheers, Ade.

My pleasure.

It would be worth getting a national cockade to restore the cap.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the help,Ade! Much appreciated!..And I am on the hunt for a original cockade right now. It will also be sewn on with original WWII German thread.

The other word looks like überbrückungsreserve.

Cheers, Ade.

The place where I purchased this cap also has an original M40 single decal Luftwaffe helmet (ET64) & Original Luftwaffe belt with aluminum buckle in good shape. From what the owner of the shop told me, it was brought in as a whole set that a person bought from an estate sale (Helmet,side cap,belt/buckle). So I wonder if the rest of it may have came from the same guy? the cap is about the same size as the helmet too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast