Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please

Article about: Hello friends! I got this LW tropical side cap in a trade with a friend who claims his grandfather brought it back from the war. Of course I am always skeptical, and I know there are lots of

Default NEEd Help! Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please

Hello friends! I got this LW tropical side cap in a trade with a friend who claims his grandfather brought it back from the war. Of course I am always skeptical, and I know there are lots of fakes., so any opinions are greatly appreciated. The cap has some sweat stains on the inside. There is a very faded square stamp on the inner liner but all I can make out is the size 60. Neither the eagle or stitching glows under blacklight. It does have an "old" smell to it. The eagle threading looks quite salty. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please   Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please  

Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please   Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please  

Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please  Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please 
    Last edited by DAK1941; 10-28-2015 at 01:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please
    P
    Many

Difficult to say-would it be possible to get a good clear shot of the eagle? But, so far, it's looking like a possible.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Here is a closer pic of the eagle..the threading is pretty tattered
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please   Luftwaffe tropical side cap for authentication please  

Does anyone have any further thoughts, or can offer any more opinions on this cap?

?

I dont understand the amount of damage to the insignia when theres none on the surrounding cap area, no fraying to the cloth at all, but its possible i suppose

I didn't either at first, but the more I thought about it, someone might have tried to "denazify" it before bringing it back. I collect german rings and it is not uncommon for swastikas to be filed off by the capturing vet.