Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe winter fur hat

Article about: Hi guys what do you guys think of this winter hat. Gary

?

Default Luftwaffe winter fur hat

Hi guys what do you guys think of this winter hat. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe winter fur hat   Luftwaffe winter fur hat  

Luftwaffe winter fur hat   Luftwaffe winter fur hat  

Luftwaffe winter fur hat   Luftwaffe winter fur hat  

Luftwaffe winter fur hat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe winter fur hat
    P
    Many

never owned one I must say! but I don't think they ever had size tags like this! insignia glued on? but hey? I always stand to be corrected.

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    never owned one I must say! but I don't think they ever had size tags like this! insignia glued on? but hey? I always stand to be corrected.
    My exact same thoughts. Is the visor leather? Looks like pleather.

That said, here are three that were given the thumbs up for you to compare to and determine if they match up.

Need Help: Fur Lined Luftwaffe Winter Cap

luftwaffe winter fur cap

Is this fur cap anything seen before, or front made, or fantasy item?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Rene it ia actually sawn on not glued. Its old and its all leather it has a small rip or crack in the leather . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe winter fur hat   Luftwaffe winter fur hat  

?

MAP looked at those other caps they look the same to me . When I was looking at the cap it is definitely old has an old smell of storage to it but how old who knows not me. That's why I posted here.Gary

MAP
    ?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    MAP looked at those other caps they look the same to me . When I was looking at the cap it is definitely old has an old smell of storage to it but how old who knows not me. That's why I posted here.Gary
    My concerns was the size tag (never seen that before - doesn't mean they didn't do that) and what looked like a non leather visor.

But...In hand is always the best way.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The visor is a more finished leather while the actual cap is more of a suede.

MAP
    ?

I have a pair of Luft Flight boots. Part in Suede. It has a similar age related crack in it as well. I don't think the suede ages as well as full grain leather.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    The visor is a more finished leather while the actual cap is more of a suede.
    The cap is not suede, it is sheep skin turned inside out. This is different than the leather used to create the visor and will survive differently. The sheep skin is not really very durable compared to cow or horse hide and often will crack when it gets old. When all of the moisture is gone from the sheep skin, it will fail, very much like products made from rabbit skin.
    They just don't have the durability that other hides do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you MAP and Ralph. Funny you say that Ralph I was just reading that it was sheep skin turned inside out . I've been reading up on this cap since last night . Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast