Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Feldmutze officer?

Article about: Hi guys, is this cap ok? The shape is a little different and there are no grommet, which seems odd, thoughts? Thanks, Eddie

?

Default M34 Feldmutze officer?

Hi guys, is this cap ok? The shape is a little different and there are no grommet, which seems odd, thoughts?M34 Feldmutze officer?M34 Feldmutze officer?M34 Feldmutze officer?M34 Feldmutze officer?M34 Feldmutze officer?M34 Feldmutze officer?

Thanks,
    Eddie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Feldmutze officer?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M34 Feldmutze officer?

Hi

No good IMO.

wrong shape for an army cap and the piping is odd. It may be a period cap that's been messed with but that's the most optimistic I can be.

sorry

tony

?

Thanks Tony, I got a little too excited and didn't do my homework with this one. I can't believe how hard it is to find a m34 heer schiffchen cap!
    Best,
    Eddie

Hi Eddie

They are about but are getting hard to find.

Is it a M34 you are after as that is the other ranks example ?

The M38 is for officers and has the trimmings on ie. piping and bullion eagle etc.

Good luck hunting !

cheers

tony

?

Haha, yes, I meant M38 in the title, and I would rather have an M34. I also have a sad preference for "salty" items, which makes my search harder. Thanks for the reply, and I appreciate all that you post here on the forum.
    Best,
    Eddie

Hi Eddie

No problem! thanks for the kind words.

If you want a reference point on examples of original caps then look on this dealers website. depending on your budget they always have nice examples.
    This is in no way a recommendation to buy and i urge you as always check things out first. I know they do have an excellent reputation although i have not done business with them as yet.

German militaria - iron cross, waffen ss, luftwaffe, paratrooper – Military Antiques Stockholm

Others may be able to offer further guidance and recommendations on places to look.......be patient cause these things always turn up in the end..

Good luck.

cheers

tony