Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Schiffchen - Occupied country manufacture?

Article about: Hi friends, This Schiffchen came "out of the woodwork" according to the dealer from a veteran's collection. Of course, I don't believe the story but it looked interesting enough fo

Default M34 Schiffchen - Occupied country manufacture?

Hi friends, This Schiffchen came "out of the woodwork" according to the dealer from a veteran's collection. Of course, I don't believe the story but it looked interesting enough for me to pursue. Obviously, this cap has some non-standard details. Here is my take on it. The general appearance, cloth quality, sewing details and age appear correct. The non-standard details include the grommets, the Cockade and most apparently the Adler. I know there are uniforms, insignia and caps out there that were made in occupied countries or modified from existing items. The Adler looks like the French or Italian manufactured types I have seen on some collector's sites or dealer sites. I welcome input on this example. Money back guarantee on this item insures I won't get stung. Thanks in advance for comments. NH

M34 Schiffchen - Occupied country manufacture?M34 Schiffchen - Occupied country manufacture?M34 Schiffchen - Occupied country manufacture?M34 Schiffchen - Occupied country manufacture?M34 Schiffchen - Occupied country manufacture?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Schiffchen - Occupied country manufacture?
    P
    Many

Well, lacking any input so far I went online and mined deeply for information. I came up with several cockade types that match the construction of the one on this cap. They are identified as French occupied production. They have the same type of backing cloth and the cockade thread type and style match up. No luck on the Adler. Any input appreciated. NH

For me the Adler lacks detail and I cant anything like it online sorry to say

Any opinion on the rest of the cap?

?

The cap appears to be a reproduction.

What aspects indicate reproduction? Need to know for future reference. Thanks. NH

CBH
    ?

The material looks to be Swedish or Norwegian to me .

?

The construction, the artifical aging inside and the grommets.

Cloth is not Swedish or Norwegian. Perhaps this was made from a cut down overcoat post war. NH