Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?

Article about: Hi, guys, what do you think? I'm wary of the height of the peak, the cotton twill lining and the overpaint on the buttons, but I'd be pleased if it was more than a ski cap. . I also noticed

?

Default M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?

Hi, guys, what do you think? I'm wary of the height of the peak, the cotton twill lining and the overpaint on the buttons, but I'd be pleased if it was more than a ski cap.
    M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?.
    I also noticed that there was no reinforcement to the lining?
    Best,
    Eddie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M43 Einheitsmütze, or postwar Ski cap?

Hi Eddie, it is an aged down fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I don't think it is a fake, but I think it is just post war, and like Ade said aged to look like it is war era. It looks a lot like one I bought of greedy-bay a while ago, with the same sort of ageing to it like mine had.

?

Whatever it is, it's not TR era, sorry.

?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to look it over. I bought this last month, impulsively, in the wee hours of the morn, and this is what happens when you don't do your homework! I now have my two reference books and I feel a bit sheepish that I would try and buy something like this without reference material. Did I hit all the points on why it isn't TR period? The peak, the button paint, the liner, the lack of reinforcement to the trim, etc? I'd like to show that I'm learning what I'm doing wrong, and that I "learn from my mistakes" as Bob Coleman exhorts us to do. At least it fits, so now I have a nice winter hat, haha.

Did the same mistake a year ago... paid 300£ :P Worth: 70£, still mad, but I guess I need to forget it...

?

To me it's a fake, not a postwar
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I concur with my colleagues that the cap is a fake. We all get stung when collecting. I hate to think of all the money I have lost over the years being stuck with junk. It is a natural process. At least our Forum can be used as a learning tool. Years ago, we did not have the luxury of experienced advice.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.