Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 purporting to be SS

Article about: I have been offered this cap, but am not happy with how it looks. It purports to be an early SS officers M43, and I would guess at private purchase. The stitching is different to other examp

?

Default M43 purporting to be SS

I have been offered this cap, but am not happy with how it looks. It purports to be an early SS officers M43, and I would guess at private purchase. The stitching is different to other examples as is the lining, piping and ink stamps. M43 purporting to be SSM43 purporting to be SSM43 purporting to be SSM43 purporting to be SSM43 purporting to be SSM43 purporting to be SS. Any help and pointers appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 purporting to be SS
    P
    Many

Hello Al. I can see your conundrum. On the whole it doesn't scream outright fake, but based off the sellers pictures I wouldn't take the leap. I would ask for pictures with the flaps down, clearer straight on shots of the insignia and buttons both front and reverse, and the interior view of where the insignia are sewn. Even then I would still have looming doubts. It looks rather heavily padded/thick on the side walls, the eagle while not totally unconvincing is somewhat unattractive with it's skinny beak and odd Charlie Brown pattern weave on it's breast, the whole skull needs to be seen, and lastly I d think an officer cap would have more of a silken like rayon interior liner as opposed to the wool example this one has. Im uncomfortable with terms like "early" and "private purchase" as to me it would indicate a cap of higher quality if both were true; after all your outfitting an SS man a officer non the less and this cap doesn't scream either imo. It reminds more of the first example shown here,discussed in a previous thread; than the one being offered by collectors guild seen second. Best regards.

Brian

M43 purporting to be SS

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...e-real-318877/

M43 purporting to be SSM43 purporting to be SS

The Collector's Guild

?

Thumbs down

I'd be a lot more inclined to say it is a doctored Bundeswehr or Bundesheer M 43.
    Sarge

?

Thanks Brian & Sarge. I too am leaning towards post war with those stamps inside.

A complete fake made in Latvia.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!