Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M43 Real or Replica?

Article about: Hello, I am new to this forum and hate to be "that guy" to post his first thread asking for help but I am in need of some feedback. I just picked up this hat and cannot tell if it

Default M43 Real or Replica?

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and hate to be "that guy" to post his first thread asking for help but I am in need of some feedback. I just picked up this hat and cannot tell if it is authentic or not. There are no markings in the liner, aside from the stamp, which worries me. The button on the camp appears to be vintage and the stitching seems to be authentic to period era caps from what I believe. Also, it's got that nice vintage smell

Do you guys think this is a replica or the read deal? Thanks in advance!

M43 Real or Replica?M43 Real or Replica?M43 Real or Replica?M43 Real or Replica?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Real or Replica?
    P
    Many

The stamp on the inside is bogus. as for the cap, i don't have a good feeling, but i would wait for some other opinions.

Thanks for the reply. To me, it looks almost too good. The insignia was stitched into the cap before the liner was placed inside. The guy I bought it from was a collector but would not guarantee its authenticity.

don't like it.

Welcome to the forum. We are here to help so do not feel guilty about asking for help. There is nothing genuine about this cap. A genuine cap would have a matching feldgrau trapezoid, not black. The lining is incorrect and the stamp is total fantasy. I hope you can gain a refund on the cap. Collecting SS material is a minefield especially for a new collector. If unsure, always post the item here before parting with your money. We are a serious forum and are here to assist the collector whether novice or experienced. Did you buy this from a dealer? If so, he is a scoundrel and a fraud. Good luck on obtaining a refund.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

CBH
    ?

I don't believe any TR headgear had an eagle stamp . But don't be afraid to ask , that what this forum is for .
    Welcome aboard , better luck next time .

No good!

Welcome to the forum!

I would concur with Bob's comments.

Non regulation black backed Panzer insignia very very occasionally got used on Feldgrau caps. Rare but it did happen. To illustrate, here is a photo of a Ukrainian volunteer. This photo has never been shown before and is out of my private archive. I have censored out his face for privacy reasons.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images M43 Real or Replica? 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I would concur with Bob's comments.

Non regulation black backed Panzer insignia very very occasionally got used on Feldgrau caps. Rare but it did happen. To illustrate, here is a photo of a Ukrainian volunteer. This photo has never been shown before and is out of my private archive. I have censored out his face for privacy reasons.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade-
    Thanks for posting that very interesting picture. Another example of non regulation wear of insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you for all of the responses! And thank you, Adrian, for sharing that photo. I own 2 photos from the war that I treasure. Fortunately, I spent $40 for the hat so it was not a big loss. I could not pass it up for that deal not knowing if it was authentic or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast