Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 Review before purchase

Article about: I have been researching but can't make a solid decision on this one. I would like to purchase it but would like to make sure my hard earned money is for the real stuff. Quality seems good, p

?

Default M43 Review before purchase

I have been researching but can't make a solid decision on this one. I would like to purchase it but would like to make sure my hard earned money is for the real stuff. Quality seems good, patch is clean and sewn well but I'm certainly no expert. Not sure the buttons should be in the white?
    Sorry, pics could be better but they were taken on a whim.
    Thanks for any help.
    stan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Review before purchase   M43 Review before purchase  

M43 Review before purchase   M43 Review before purchase  

M43 Review before purchase   M43 Review before purchase  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Review before purchase
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is always tough to give an accurate opinion with this kind of photos.
    I do not like the sewing scheme, the quality of the wool, the lining, markings and for me the Hoheitsabzeichen is a reproduction
    If i was you i would wait for a better example...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

It looks like a nice example of a worn M43 to me. Are the buttons really white or more of a light silver like these on my Polizei cap? They are essentially the same pebbled buttons painted Feldgrau. Perhaps replacement buttons, not sure. I like it but wait for more opinions to be on the safe side.

Al

M43 Review before purchaseM43 Review before purchase

?

Perhaps JPhilip is right about the material and sewing. Sometimes repro caps are made out of overcoat material.

Hello again,
    i think i'm also right concerning the Hoheitsabzeichen.
    The fourth feather does not look right to me, the material itself looks also bad and i have never seen the lower part of the Adler being squeezed this way into the cockade....
    Two stitchings on the lower part of the flap is something i have never seen on an original Einheitsfeldmütze, but i did not see them all i guess...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I don't have the cap in my possession so not sure but if I remember right the buttons were more silver in color and not faded. I almost pulled the trigger on this one yesterday but thought i better wait for a more professional opinion. I will just keep my money in my pocket for now! This is a learning experience.
    Thank you so much Jphilip and Aldo (cool caps!), I value your expertise!
    stan