Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is it me, or have I lost the plot

Article about: yours for 6000 SS VT/TV/SD Allgemeine SS generals visor cap

I do not usually name and shame. But .............

Remains of the Reich for German Militaria

I feel ashamed as a dealer.

When you're wounded and left of Afghanistan's plains,
    An' the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle an' blow out your brains,
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier." - Rudyard Kipling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

John, thanks for posting that. I am not even a buckle or insignia collector, and when I can tell those are bad...things are really bad.

A quick glance of the awards pages show a fake grade IV Juncker PKA as sold, so someones been stiffed as that's several thousand dollars if it were real. A Legion Condor PKA is being offered for 300, whereas a genuine one would be $10,000+, There's another bogus AWS 1942 PKA in silver being advertised at a mere 90, it would be worth over two and a half times that if real, but it's the old 'cutter fake', an SS cased 8 year award that's currently reserved that's also bogus, an awful copy of a RK is yours for 1750 etc., etc., the list goes on.

The home page announces,

"All items are guaranteed pre 1945 manufacture and we offer an unequivocal money back guarantee."

How these people avoid prosecution for fraud amazes me, there must be some loophole i'm unaware of for this blatant attempt at stealing a persons money.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

All this puts me in mind of my student days in Bonn, where I would pass the market place to the ringing cries of the market people hocking their wares.
    The sale of foetid cheese or rancid meat had more poetry to it than this kind of thing, which, as Orwell noted, could be written by a team of monkey banging
    away at typewriters. Unfair to monkeys, and unfair to the typewriters.
    It seems to me that this fake, as far as I can see, is made of some real parts.
    Can anyone find a spare sweat band like this, as I am in need of one to repair a nice cap.

damit, basta.

Said site is in the vein of "no fake SS regalia left behind..."

But let me say that this kind of thing has been going on for as long as I have collected, though this sort of affront is more irritating
    for its universality.

and to take a page from other fields of human endeavor, one cannot here simply blame the purveyor of trash, but also those eager to consume
    such items at any price, who are stupid and gullible enough to be tricked. In an earlier epoch, there was little means to shield one's self against
    such low cunning, but there is surely today able means to secure useful and effective knowledge at no cost. I have made most of my some 14,000 posts identifying
    real versus fake black SS caps, for which I have received exactly ZERO COMMA NOTHING compensation from anyone.

Hence, while one decries the horizontal craft for its business as old as humankind, it is the consumers of such illicit trade
    that must also be held to account.

damit, basta.

He's also selling post war Yugo MP-44 pouches humped up with a waa and a three digit code of a TR leather and pouch maker I had one like it years ago from a old crook from days gone by. timothy

As a child in the 1970s, i had two stores i could buy "German" militaria from,not once did i actually get an original item!! i still have them..the terrible thing is,i paid more for the fakes then,than the originals were going for in the rest of the world..the fake scourge has always been with us... Pay more and buy from reputable dealers and ALWAYS check with the guys on here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12