Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity

Article about: Thank you for the resources, I have received multiple notifications for updates on this threads except for the last few post so I didn't know. I have never tried to do research on these item

Thank you for the resources, I have received multiple notifications for updates on this threads except for the last few post so I didn't know. I have never tried to do research on these items before to see if they are authentic or not so this will be my first time. I usually buy my items from a museum [Military Antiques and Museum] since they offer a COA along with the item but they are over charging so I am trying to find another alternative to obtaining these items.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thanks for your thanks. Do post whatever interests you, if you can, in this space and you will receive at very low cost some very expert counsel.

I bought the first of such caps in about 1970 for all of USD 80, and I wish I still had said cap.

- - ------- - -

If you collect SS stuff, you can seldom find a bargain.

- - ------- - -

Good luck.
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by David Wong View Post
    Thank you for the resources, I have received multiple notifications for updates on this threads except for the last few post so I didn't know. I have never tried to do research on these items before to see if they are authentic or not so this will be my first time. I usually buy my items from a museum [Military Antiques and Museum] since they offer a COA along with the item but they are over charging so I am trying to find another alternative to obtaining these items.
    Mr. Wong, I advise caution regarding certificates of authenticity. They are only worth the paper they're printed on, in my opinion; even the most reliable and trusted dealers can make mistakes, and less reliable ones can make intentional mistakes.

As for the rest, Mr. Friedrich-Berthold is one to be heeded. He knows his stuff.

Name:  graue Muetze  x 1.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  23.3 KBName:  asset-2 copy.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  36.7 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	8cdfae0d0bcda58df936384da7087b5f_1_orig.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	654729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B04.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	214.2 KB 
ID:	654730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	654723Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8TS6iq3YaW9t139289296672P4871.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	654724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B01.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	654725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0631.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	654726 Thanks for the above. The real certificate of authenticity can only come from one's self. Shifting the burden to others is a dead end.
    The principle here is mutual aid, which we offer, and self help, which is your duty and best assurance that you can make your way in the morass.
    I got screwed all the time as a beginner; and people still try to screw me now, to be sure.
    Such is the dominant regime not only among collectors, but in so much of the market generally, where more and more unscrupulous people cast aside ethics and decency.
    Or, the rest of the world has caught up with the militaria trade, perhaps.

And, if I give an opinion here, as far as it goes, it is not some truth outside the realm of subjectivity and human frailty.
    I would never give a documented statement of authenticity under any circumstances.
    We suggest our best opinion based on as much evidence as possible, and, in my case, I endeavor to use both the remaining objects and primary sources to undergird my assertions, but'
    there is no magical device, no black box that can resolve all the contradictions, tensions and ambiguity.
    I have seen several hundred Nazi hats in my life, over fifty years. Maybe I have seen a couple of thousand with the advent of this mechanism.
    There existed hundreds of thousands and more Nazi hats, indeed, millions, and I did not look at all of them; I did not go to the work shops of the firms; I did not
    learn the trade from the cap makers of the epoch; there are dozens of fundamental questions I cannot answer that are relevant; and I despise check lists, text books, and I disdain
    those false prophets and blowhards who hoist themselves up in these spaces with such check lists, text books, one lookers, and whatever baloney.
    The unknown unknowns and the contradictions and the exceptions are our joy.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-03-2014 at 12:36 AM.
    damit, basta.

A certificate of authenticity is just a simple paper...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8TS6iq3YaW9t139289296672P4871.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	654731I still want to be friends with these two people rather than get a certificate of authenticity.
    damit, basta.

well it came into the mail today! I'm still inspecting the hat and I see that the eagle is not as detailed compared to the photos . . . on the oak leaves and the head/neck of the eagle. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0356[1].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	655574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0352[1].jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	655572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0357[1].jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	655568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0355[1].jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	655567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0351[1].jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	655566

I was talking about the wreath

As FB has said, this is a piece of 4th Reich junk. Seriously familiarize yourself how genuine caps are constructed of which there are many on this Forum. With all the help available here, you should never purchase a fake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	your grey SS cap.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	655604
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As FB has said, this is a piece of 4th Reich junk. Seriously familiarize yourself how genuine caps are constructed of which there are many on this Forum. With all the help available here, you should never purchase a fake.
    Sorry, but Bob Coleman is right. There do exist Lubstein grey SS caps, as I own one, but they are not with the army clothing counter inscription.
    damit, basta.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast