Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Luftwaffe Side Cap for review

Article about: Hello all, I am putting together a Luftwaffe grouping based on a photo of my grandfather in law. This Luftwaffe Side Cap is the last piece I need which I recently acquired from a reputable d

?

Default My Luftwaffe Side Cap for review

Hello all,

I am putting together a Luftwaffe grouping based on a photo of my grandfather in law. This Luftwaffe Side Cap is the last piece I need which I recently acquired from a reputable dealer. Just wanting to double check its all ok. Any thoughts or comments welcome.

Thanks
    Alex
    My Luftwaffe Side Cap for reviewMy Luftwaffe Side Cap for reviewMy Luftwaffe Side Cap for reviewMy Luftwaffe Side Cap for reviewMy Luftwaffe Side Cap for reviewMy Luftwaffe Side Cap for reviewMy Luftwaffe Side Cap for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Luftwaffe Side Cap for review
    P
    Many

Obviously the tunic size stamps pic should not be there.

Looks OK: but I have never seen a national cockade applied with the blue grey wool backing before. Interesting.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Obviously the tunic size stamps pic should not be there.

Cheers, Ade.
    Assuming they are not stamped in the cap?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Then I would be worried!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is mine to compare :-)
    Mfg
    Marc

?

Thanks for the replies. The stampings are all present in the cap. Adrian, so you're saying the number stampings belong in a tunic and not a cap? That is worrying. I didn't do any research prior to buying this one, as I got it from Lakeside Trader and their items are usually all good. If you guys are saying this one is not right I will have to email Paul.

Alex

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Thanks for the replies. The stampings are all present in the cap. Adrian, so you're saying the number stampings belong in a tunic and not a cap? That is worrying. I didn't do any research prior to buying this one, as I got it from Lakeside Trader and their items are usually all good. If you guys are saying this one is not right I will have to email Paul.

Alex

It is certain that the cap should not have tunic size markings in the liner. Odd and it would concern me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

You could make a lot of caps from a worn uniform or overcoat. Original material in worn condition and original insignia is easy to find. Not saying this is a fake but you could make repos that were almost real.

The grey backing on the cockade is not something I can remember seeing before. With the stamped markings inside from a Tunic, I would not feel good about owning this cap. How does Paul explain this?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Kirby has just said what I was thinking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast